• Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Stars in 4
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2020 at 12:00 AM

Burns my chaps to watch how Dallas defends on the PK compared to us.  They run a loose box, ie the player or even players, who are closest to the puck holder attack and fall back if they don't recover the puck. We run such a tight box. No one moves. No one attacks unless its absolutely obvious, because of a blunder etc.. Otherwise we let Vegas pass it around to their hearts content, until they could set up the best shot possible. Then we first hope the goalie can stop it, or its blocked. Then hope like hell we recover the puck first, which we have a disadvantage at because they are the team that is moving and in the flow and we are starting from a stand still. So they continue to recover and take their time setting up again.  Its a very conservative strategy from decades ago and it doesn't work in today's faster game.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Burns my chaps to watch how Dallas defends on the PK compared to us.  They run a loose box, ie the player or even players, who are closest to the puck holder attack and fall back if they don't recover the puck. We run such a tight box. No one moves. No one attacks unless its absolutely obvious, because of a blunder etc.. Otherwise we let Vegas pass it around to their hearts content, until they could set up the best shot possible. Then we first hope the goalie can stop it, or its blocked. Then hope like hell we recover the puck first, which we have a disadvantage at because they are the team that is moving and in the flow and we are starting from a stand still. So they continue to recover and take their time setting up again.  Its a very conservative strategy from decades ago and it doesn't work in today's faster game.

Shots 21-6 Vegas in mid 2nd.

At least it wasn't just nux that get badly outshot.  

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Burke just ranked the Canadian teams on best chance to win the cup. 
1 - Toronto

2 - Edmonton

3 - Vancouver

T-4 - Calgary

T-4 - Winnipeg 

6 - Montreal

7 - Ottawa

Must be in their contracts that they have to pump the Leafs tires when they’re on Sportsnet.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Helps TV ratings. Whatever. Doesn't matter. 

They probably saw that list that had us ranked number 1 and couldn’t handle it.

I don’t see how they think a team that has limited cap space, a goalie they’re looking to trade, and only one good defenseman is close to winning the cup. Especially when they can’t even get past the Blue Jackets, let alone Boston:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They probably saw that list that had us ranked number 1 and couldn’t handle it.

I don’t see how they think a team that has limited cap space, a goalie they’re looking to trade, and only one good defenseman is close to winning the cup. Especially when they can’t even get past the Blue Jackets, let alone Boston:

Let them perpetuate the fantasy that the management is doing a good job.  I see them stuck in that mode of decent but not quite good enough for another decade. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Wonder if Stars media planted that Lehner contract rumour to throw him off his game.

Doesn’t seem to be in the same form.

I think he is a good goalie, but both Marky and Demko are better.  If nux were able to generate more chances, they wouldn't have gave him 3 shutouts that series.