The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Alex Pietrangelo to test free agency

Just now, oldnews said:

I believe they can go 10% over the cap....

probably not a great idea - but I think he'd be within offseason margins allowed.

That is correct. 

They can go up 10% but must be cap compliant once the season starts. 

Where are those defending the tax free US states as fair game under the cap. Average a 15 percent discount per contract and it could add up to a free player like Pietrangelo. Even better if it's a bidding war for AP they have a 15 percent advantage over any team that has state or provincial taxes. Would be nice building a team with that benefit wouldn't it?

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, oldnews said:

you got nothing we want Vegas that isn't named Shea Theodore - so don't bother picking up the phone looking to send any cap this way.

I would take Alex Tuch as a Toffoli replacement in the top 6. Martinez is underrated and would be a good fit for a contender, only has 1 yr left.

Fleury with retention to Chicago?

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

Vegas is rumoured to have Schmidt on the move somewhere and WinterPeg has Roslovic wanting a new start and possibly on the way out. Maybe these 2 teams make another deal. Jets need to clear cap tho I believe.

Schmidt to Det, NJ?

Is Schmidt taking his performance enhancing treats with him to his new team?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I would take Alex Tuch as a Toffoli replacement in the top 6. Martinez is underrated and would be a good fit for a contender, only has 1 yr left.

Fleury with retention to Chicago?

I like Martinez but do we need 4 milion worth of LHD?  If they want to pay us to take that cap, fine - but someone else would probably give up an asset....

If we can't afford another winger - Toffoli - how do we afford 5x4.75 Tuch?  We have young wingers in any event.

I don't see anything there that would work...

Just now, oldnews said:

I like Martinez but do we need 4 milion worth of LHD?  If they want to pay us to take that cap, fine - but someone else would probably give up an asset....

If we can't afford another winger - Toffoli - how do we afford 5x4.75 Tuch?  We have young wingers in any event.

I don't see anything there that would work...

Martinez can play the right side, but our coach seems to like Roberto's on the right and Luongo's on the left

2 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Martinez can play the right side, but our coach seems to like Roberto's on the right and Luongo's on the left

They gave up 2 x 2nds for him....

I imagine Boston would outbid what I'd pay for him - but if it's another war of avoidance, send him our way lol