The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jacob Truscott | D

GoldenAlien

On 1/16/2023 at 8:18 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I sure hope Canucks sign Truscott 20 - 6'1 - 185 lbs to a pro contract.- Never want see prospect play there last season and then they become free agent to sign anywhere. I think Truscotte would improve the most turning pro and working daily with new development team..]

Wpi;d also be great to see these prospect come to Vancouver and play in Abby..

Big Jurmo  20 6'4 D man  -  Johansson 22 RD 6'1 both will benefit playing in the AHL next season along with Truscotte..

Lekkereimaki 18 -W - Needs to come over and play in WHL hope Giant can work something out so he close to Canucks developing coaches..

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I sure hope Canucks sign Truscott 20 - 6'1 - 185 lbs to a pro contract.- Never want see prospect play there last season and then they become free agent to sign anywhere. I think Truscotte would improve the most turning pro and working daily with new development team..]

Big Jurmo  20 6'4 D man  -  Johansson 22 RD 6'1 both will benefit playing in the AHL next season along with Truscotte..

Lekkereimaki 18 -W - Needs to come over and play in WHL hope Giant can work something out so he close to Canucks developing coaches..

We also have Elias Petterson (18...turns 19 this month ) - LD 6'3 196 lbs coming down the pipeline a year or so later. 

The D-prospects are getting bigger and better. They all won't make the NHL but some might. The most promising D's (we've selected) seem 

to come in the 3rd round recently...would love to add a couple more 2nd or 3rd round draft picks this season.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

We also have Elias Petterson (18...turns 19 this month ) - LD 6'3 196 lbs coming down the pipeline a year or so later. 

The D-prospects are getting bigger and better. They all won't make the NHL but some might. The most promising D's (we've selected) seem 

to come in the 3rd round recently...would love to add a couple more 2nd or 3rd round draft picks this season.   

Yes Pettersson 18 -6'3 has had a fantastic season and now a top 3 prospect after this season.

wonder if Vancouver have plans for him to play in WHL or keep developing in Sweden? Elias has had a great season and developing well in Sweden

also only 18..He should be top pairing next year at WJ U20 Turney

17 hours ago, wildcam said:

Yes Pettersson 18 -6'3 has had a fantastic season and now a top 3 prospect after this season.

wonder if Vancouver have plans for him to play in WHL or keep developing in Sweden? Elias has had a great season and developing well in Sweden

also only 18..He should be top pairing next year at WJ U20 Turney

He is playing in the SHL. Why would they bring him here to play CHL?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

He is playing in the SHL. Why would they bring him here to play CHL?

Did I not say he is developing well in Sweden? Just wondering if  Canucks Developing group might want him closer to work closer with him?

He could play in AHL Abby Canucks or WHL team.. 

• RoughGame 1

4 hours ago, wildcam said:

Did I not say he is developing well in Sweden? Just wondering if  Canucks Developing group might want him closer to work closer with him?

He could play in AHL Abby Canucks or WHL team.. 

I don’t think the AHL would be an option (at least until after 24/25 when his SHL deal expires) unless Pettersson’s SHL team waives their transfer rights and approves the move.

Under the new transfer agreement, any Swedish players drafted 2nd round or later, and signed in Sweden, must be returned to their Swedish team, if they’re signed to an NHL ELC but don’t earn a spot on an NHL roster. This remains in effect until age 24 (increased from age 21 under the old transfer agreement).

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2022/04/examining-a-key-change-in-the-nhls-transfer-agreement-with-sweden.html

I believe an NHL ELC still overrides the SHL contract, but the Swedish team still retains rights to having the player loaned back to them, if he’s not playing in the NHL.

So the Canucks can sign Pettersson (during approved transfer windows), but, as I understand things, they can’t put him in the AHL unless he’s either out of a contract in Sweden, his Swedish club waives their rights and approves his transfer to the AHL, or he’s older than age 24.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/13/2023 at 10:33 AM, wildcam said:

lekkerimaki is struggling where he is, why add culture change to his burden?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm having troubles finding good information, but it seems that Jacob Truscott got injured by a headshot a month ago and hasn't been back.  He got hit by Snuggerud in a game against Minny.  

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

So I'm having troubles finding good information, but it seems that Jacob Truscott got injured by a headshot a month ago and hasn't been back.  He got hit by Snuggerud in a game against Minny.  

The crazy thing is that he actually came back and scored the OT winner in that game.

And I believe he hasn’t played a game since.

We might love the heroics of a guy getting injured, leaving the ice, and then coming back to the ice later to win the game.

But in this day and age, with all we know about concussions and head injuries, you have to question the wisdom of the decision to let him return to play after taking a dangerous headshot that was deemed severe enough to warrant him leaving the ice and going back to the room for observation.

Now he’s been out over a month, and it really makes you wonder if allowing him to return and play the same night he got hurt (likely with a concussion) may have somehow impacted the severity of his injury and the length of his recovery. :( 

Hopefully he’s going to be okay and won’t have any lasting effects.

(And here’s a weird bit of trivia. Exactly one year before that Snuggerud hit on Truscott, which was assessed a five minute major and game misconduct, Truscott got his own five and game for a questionable hit from behind that sent a player head first into the boards. Both games were played on January 21st, in 2022 and 2023, respectively. And both games were Michigan vs Minnesota. Spooky. :huh:)

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

On 2/13/2023 at 10:33 AM, wildcam said:

Johanssen will most likely slot right into the Van dcorp, beside OEL is my guess

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Broken thumb can bea real ‘headache’ if that bone is the scaphoid. The scaphoid is a small triangular shaped bone with a blood supply only at one end. If the bone is not secured properly for healing, the part of the bone lacking a blood supply can go into necrosis. As I recall, when I had this injury, it took thirteen weeks to heal. Inoperable it is not his scaphoid.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...