The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Senators re-sign Matt Murray

Hopefully he can stay healthy. Have always liked Ottawa. People like to crap on them for being stingy, but that's what you gotta do when you're not a cap ceiling team. Comes across as ruthless for sure, but it is a business.

With the amount of young, young talent they have, that team has the possibility of becoming Canada's best chance (not in the short term) in the long term of being a consistently great team. Crazy to see how trading away Karlsson, Stone, and Hoffman turned out to be the best thing for them.

37 minutes ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

Gotta pay him to stay in a place like Ottawa 

Aaaay I live in Ottawa... Nothing wrong with living here... Nothing at all.. No nothing... Maybe just a bit... K yeah I know the feeling...

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 11:57 AM, N7Nucks said:

People laugh, but Murray really only has one bad season under his belt. And it's only 4 years for a bottom feeder team. I'm fine with it. Murray is a joker for his Boeser comments but dude is pretty damn good when he's on.

He is a sieve, his own former team knows it 

that is why he is now in Ottawa 

imagine if he played in Ottawa the last 4 years? He would be chased out of the league altogether 

7 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

He is a sieve, his own former team knows it 

that is why he is now in Ottawa 

imagine if he played in Ottawa the last 4 years? He would be chased out of the league altogether 

Sorry if I don't put much stock in a Canucks' fan's opinion on Murray. A lot of y'all probably just salty about his Boeser comments, which I admit are dumb. But one bad season isn't enough for me to say he's not even NHL worthy. Lol. He's had 3, arguably 4, really good seasons. Which include a Stanley Cup. He may pull a Cam Ward. For sure, but until I see more than one bad season I won't completely write off his career. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Sorry if I don't put much stock in a Canucks' fan's opinion on Murray. A lot of y'all probably just salty about his Boeser comments, which I admit are dumb. But one bad season isn't enough for me to say he's not even NHL worthy. Lol. He's had 3, arguably 4, really good seasons. Which include a Stanley Cup. He may pull a Cam Ward. For sure, but until I see more than one bad season I won't completely write off his career. 

Marky and most starters in the league had a higher save percentage than Murray 2 of the last 3 years 

Murray is far from an elite goalie. Not only was he sub 900 save percentage last year the major issue was the fact he was allowing terrible goals against 

you think Pittsburgh would have let him walk if he was their future?