The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joined a hockey break and got the Canucks. Was hoping to land a Hughes RC, but got something even better :o

Gator

I LOVE jersey cards (have Mike Modano's).   Used to buy a box of signature series for my son every Christmas...so much fun watching him open them.  I really miss Collector's Den...used to be a go to for Christmas shopping.

Great catch!!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I LOVE jersey cards (have Mike Modano's).   Used to buy a box of signature series for my son every Christmas...so much fun watching him open them.  I really miss Collector's Den...used to be a go to for Christmas shopping.

Great catch!!

Yea jerseys are my favorite. I only have 3 right now (Sedin, Lucic, and Ryan). I also have autograph cards of Malkin, Dahlin, Point, and Kuemper. Used to have 1000s of cards as a kid and stopped collecting them after they all got stolen from me. Just recently got back into collecting them

11 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Great catch!!

great idea deb. i wish i had done that for my son. he collected canuck cards of the 70’s and 80’s i still have them here along with a box full i collected over the years. i’ve had 2 jerseys. no name or numbers. the stick in the rink i wore when we went to those two hockey games, and a millionaire/s jersey. i gave that to chon derry for him coming from rupert to terrace to stay with me when i had 2 cataract procedures. it was very unselfish of him. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

great idea deb. i wish i had done that for my son. he collected canuck cards of the 70’s and 80’s i still have them here along with a box full i collected over the years. i’ve had 2 jerseys. no name or numbers. the stick in the rink i wore when we went to those two hockey games, and a millionaire/s jersey. i gave that to chon derry for him coming from rupert to terrace to stay with me when i had 2 cataract procedures. it was very unselfish of him. 

I really love that he did that for you....that's a true "friend" and a good person.

It was such a fun time...I always remember the excitement of tearing through a whole box of cards with him.  Still have them.  My brother used to be a card collector and do shows (where they'd trade/sell them)....met Trevor Linden at one.  Great memories from those days.

8 minutes ago, apollo said:

Hot damn... makes me want to get back into the game and start a huge Sedin collection and turn my living room into a Sedin shrine :lol:

Sedin's aren't that hot of a commodity from my experience, I still have a signed Sedin twins photo of both of them for sale with next to no interest. I got in a bulk purchase, its a West Coast Authentics signed piece so who knows if it is legit...has the tag on back but I have heard that they aren't the best for authentication.

Back to this hockey break...what is it and what brand of hockey cards is the most sought after now? I remember O-Pee-Chee, Upper Deck being the 2 I have the most of in my collection

2 hours ago, diesel_3 said:

@Crabby If you're curious about their value, I have a beckett membership and I could look up both cards for you. Just need the Card # on the back year of the series.

Its actually in the US ill be getting it next time I go down there. Not going to be selling that. My kid that I dont have yet might in 40+ years :lol:

3 hours ago, smithers joe said:

looks good lad. i too had a great number of cards when i was a kid. oh to still have howe’s, beliveau’s and mantle’s rookie cards today. what is hockey break?

Peopl will buy a box of hockey cards and sell spots. Can do it by divisions or teams. In this case it was by teams so there were 31 spots. 1 spot for $6 or 2 for $10. 

I got 4 spots for 20 and after the randomizer I got the Canucks, Ducks, Canadiens, and the Flyers. So every card that gets pulled that is from 1 of those 4 teams are mine.

You can find hockey card breaks on Ebay. Some are pretty cheap. I only buy from the ones that do "live" breaks. Some "record" breaks and upload video to youtube when its done, but thats too sketchy for me to trust