The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Golden Knights shopping Max Pacioretty

And finally my dreams have come true. Vegas runs in to cap hell. Screw you Vegas. 

Now that I've gotten that out. Marchessault or Reilly Smith would be a nice complement to Bo. Although my dream would be Tuch, but no way thats happening. 

Edited by KKnight

14 hours ago, IBatch said:

It’s out Schmidt out Statsny.  Not Patches and Schmidt.   AP has already been paid for. 

There's absolutely no way you can confirm this. It is completely possible that the MP move is a consequence of the AP signing, and that this internal affair hasn't been disclosed yet. As of today, Schmidt and Stastny are out, and MP is on the block for cap reasons. This all happened after AP signed. 

6 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

There's absolutely no way you can confirm this. It is completely possible that the MP move is a consequence of the AP signing, and that this internal affair hasn't been disclosed yet. As of today, Schmidt and Stastny are out, and MP is on the block for cap reasons. This all happened after AP signed. 

Of course not - but saying the cost for AP is Patches and Schmidt is funny for a couple reasons.   One 13 million is a lot more then 8.5ish.    Another Lehner wasn’t mentioned either ... and they are only 975k over.   Not like that can’t be buried.... what are we?  The cost for AP, will say again, had already been paid.   No need to trade Patches.  

Edit:  this would be the equivalent of trading Miller because we are over the cap, instead of burying Bear, LE or even attempting to put someone like Ferland on the LTIR.   We could afford to play the first game with a shortened bench (in Ferlands case).   So can Vegas. 

Edited by IBatch

8 hours ago, KKnight said:

And finally my dreams have come true. Vegas runs in to cap hell. Screw you Vegas. 

Now that I've gotten that out. Marchessault or Reilly Smith would be a nice complement to Bo. Although my dream would be Tuch, but no way thats happening. 

We have more overages or “cap hell” then they do for next season (for one game anyways - or until Ferland is healthy). They just have to use a guy on an ELC and bury a body until someone gets injured. 

Edited by IBatch

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2020 at 3:11 AM, DeNiro said:

In: Pietrangelo

Out: Schmidt and Pacioretty

Hmmm

Yep but I still think Vegas is in good shape. Pacioretty is an great offensive talent but Vegas already has some elite or near elite forwards like Smith, Stone, and Karrlsson while adding an elite damn like Pietrangelo 

On 12/9/2020 at 8:55 PM, D-Money said:

Just because there are so many players available for cheap, or next to nothing, if you have the cap space. Rumour is Tampa is going to pay Detroit a 1st to take Killorn & Johnson - 2 very solid players. I think Vegas would get at least some value back if they moved him, but only a fraction of what they have up for him.

I wouldn't judge anything by the Kapanen deal. That trade looked bad for Pittsburgh right when it happened. And with the way values have fallen for players with sizable cap hits, it looks even worse now.

I would be surprised if that is all it took to get rid of both of those contracts.  I suspect Detroit would ask for more, I would say a 1st would be the cost for either one.  The hold up is also the NTC's held by the Tampa players who they want to move... giving the players partial or total control over where they go.  They may not be willing to waive it for Detroit, why would they?  They have the trade protection and agreed to less than market level deals to get it.  They would be moving from a contender to a bottom feeder, and would lose million in the process moving from a jurisdiction with no state taxes.  There were reports that a deal was in place for Johnson to move but he wouldn't waive for that team... it being Detroit makes some sense.  They tried to use the waiver wires as leverage and it didn't work... now Johnson can just tell them to go stuff it and honour his contract.

If our team was creative enough, I could actually see a deal that could involve us as a 3 way swap.  One of those decent players could be willing to waive for come here (and not Detroit), we move a guy like Eriksson to Detroit, Tampa gives them their 1st, we give Detroit a mid round pick and/or a decent prospect, and we give Tampa a cheap young player like Rafferty to fill a roster spot.  In the end, Eriksson gets to play in the league (closer to his family)... We shed dead cap and take on an only "slightly" overpaid good player for our top 6... Tampa gets themselves under the cap and away from the NTC issues, and gets a decent cheap player... Detroit gets a 1st, a mid round pick or prospect, and a decent (but highly overpaid) defensive player to stabilize their young roster a little.

If we could make it a little bigger to get Cernak from Tampa that would be OK too :)

Edited by Provost