The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

More nonsense. At least you are consistent, unlike Dr. B's covid messages...

You don’t have a clue what it’s like downtown. You know it and I know it.

I get that you’re fearful for your daughter. I get that you’re upset about your mother in law. I get your reaction. 

However, it doesn’t mean you need to demonize the NDP govt, Dr. Henry, or the steps taken by them based on the science that they are privy to and incorporating into their guidelines while  balancing the needs of the economy(large and very small), workers, owners, renters, students, parents, kids, adults, elderly, and a thousand other considerations that we aren’t privy to or responsible for.

Take a breath. Keep calm. Spread the calmness not the panic. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

You don’t seem to understand transmission FROM schools or TO schools.

The cases of transmission are not coming out of schools. The schools themselves are safe, which is why the health authorities aren’t shutting them down. 

The schools are in fact receiving transmissions because adults and kids outside of school are not following health guidelines.

The science of transmission which has dictated Dr. Henry’s recommendations is because the health authority sees this in their data and is the reason why they haven’t taken stricter restrictions on schools and instead focused on the real and actual reasons for the transmission spread, which again, remains at the feet of the public that isn’t following health guidelines. 

How can I dumb it down any more than that for you?

And still you only address part of what I’ve spoken about. Your superiority complex is both pathetic and sad. I get it. You can only address one point at a time. 

Calling people stupid just shows how you lack the basic ability to communicate without judgement. You proved it in the political thread and you prove it again here. Keep responding though. It would be a lot more fun to watch, if it wasn’t so sad. 

Might want to get a new handle because you’re shooting blanks. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Ontario is not British Columbia 

You crack me up.......  haha......     covid knows no province or country....... super infectious.... airborn...  You need to do some reading. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Wat 1

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And still you only address part of what I’ve spoken about. Your superiority complex is both pathetic and sad. I get it. You can only address one point at a time. 

Calling people stupid just shows how you lack the basic ability to communicate without judgement. You proved it in the political thread and you prove it again here. Keep responding though. It would be a lot more fun to watch, if it wasn’t so sad. 

Might want to get a new handle because you’re shooting blanks. 

It’s generally thought to be pretty stupid bringing a knife to a gunfight. 

You crack me up.......  haha......     covid knows no province or country....... super infectious.... airborn...  You need to do some reading. 

The rate/amount of infection are different between provinces. Hence, Ontario is not BC. 

Again, comparing apples to orangutans. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

The rate/amount of infection are different between provinces. Hence, Ontario is not BC. 

Again, comparing apples to orangutans. 

Once again 100% wrong.

BC now has more infection per 1,000,000 people than ontario.... see below....   I am just too lazy tutoring you.. its been enjoyable but better things to do now. 

But beginning in earnest in September, B.C.’s COVID-19 test positive case numbers started increasing. By mid-October they were up significantly, and by November, the province’s seven-day moving average of new daily cases per one million population surpassed Ontario, according to data compiled by the B.C. Centre for Disease Control.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/b-c-s-stellar-covid-19-performance-diminishing-with-increase-in-cases

Edited by kingofsurrey

11 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Once again 100% wrong.

BC now has more infection per 1,000,000 people than ontario.... see below....   I am just too lazy tutoring you.. its been enjoyable but better things to do now. 

But beginning in earnest in September, B.C.’s COVID-19 test positive case numbers started increasing. By mid-October they were up significantly, and by November, the province’s seven-day moving average of new daily cases per one million population surpassed Ontario, according to data compiled by the B.C. Centre for Disease Control.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/b-c-s-stellar-covid-19-performance-diminishing-with-increase-in-cases

You do realize that what you’re quoting is a 7 day moving average right??

It not going to be the full data set for November or the rest of the year. 

You’re literally cherry-picking 7

days between the two provinces since March. We’re in much better shape on the whole than Ontario. 

By the way the latest numbers reflect neatly 87,000 cases in Ont vs the 19,000+ cases in BC. 

Keep fear mongering. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Outbreak at our one big hospital in Nanaimo 

Been a few Covid exposures at high schools the last few days too

Could start trending up on the island, we'd managed to have done really well up til now

We'll see

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/vancouver-island-s-first-covid-19-outbreak-declared-at-nanaimo-regional-general-hospital-1.5185559

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You do realize that what you’re quoting is a 7 day moving average right??

LOL-  you think a daily total is more accurate than a 7 day moving average...

We need to discuss a hourly wage soon... this tutor  job is getting to big.

Edited by kingofsurrey

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Outbreak at our one big hospital in Nanaimo 

Been a few Covid exposures at high schools the last few days too

Could start trending up on the island, we'd managed to have done really well up til now

We'll see

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/vancouver-island-s-first-covid-19-outbreak-declared-at-nanaimo-regional-general-hospital-1.5185559

Transmission from someone in the school to another within the school or someone who brought it in from an external source?

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Do you think a 7 day moving average between 2 provinces is more accurate about the longitudinal differences than a monthly, quarterly or annual comparison in case rates between those provinces??

Are you really that dense?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Transmission from someone in the school to another within the school or someone who brought it in from an external source?

Covid is highly contagious air born virus.......   but according to Dr. B  / Horgan   Covid virus doesn't transmit when a person enters into a school 

Very odd.      I wonder if the NHL next year can somehow create a school within Rogers Arena..  That would probably then keep players and fans safe from covid... It is worth a shot....

Do you think a 7 day moving average between 2 provinces is more accurate about the longitudinal differences than a monthly, quarterly or annual comparison in case rates between those provinces??

Are you really that dense?

Yeah comparing covid transmission rates from 8 months ago is pretty usefull....      wow......

I think comparing last weeks numbers might be more useful. but thats just me. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hopefully it’s not grammatical because if I were your student I’d want a refund. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Covid is highly contagious air born virus.......   but according to Dr. B  / Horgan   Covid virus doesn't transmit when a person enters into a school 

Very odd.      I wonder if the NHL next year can somehow create a school within Rogers Arena..  That would probably then keep players and fans safe from covid... It is worth a shot....

If people would adhere to health protocols then they wouldn’t be bringing in said contagious airborne virus into schools. 

Also, your facetiousness fails the smell test when Dr. Henry has been advocating that members of the public or of a school community not enter a school if they’re sick or if they’ve been around someone who is sick and to ensure that they’re following provincial health guidelines when they’re outside of their school. 

But yeah, keep going with your false narrative. 

If people would adhere to health protocols then they wouldn’t be bringing in said contagious airborne virus into schools. 

Also, your facetiousness fails the smell test when Dr. Henry has been advocating that members of the public or of a school community not enter a school if they’re sick or if they’ve been around someone who is sick and to ensure that they’re following provincial health guidelines when they’re outside of their school. 

But yeah, keep going with your false narrative. 

Wrong again.  When a kid tests positive for covid - that student's siblings are welcome to attend school.

So you are basically wrong with every single post you have made tonight.  Well it has been fun ( not really ) but i am off to read a bit.  

Edited by kingofsurrey

Wrong again.  When a kid tests positive for covid - that student's siblings are welcome to attend school.

So you are basically wrong with every single post you have made tonight.  Well it has been fun ( not really ) but i am off to read a bit.  

Have those siblings tested positive as well? If not, then why should they be denied an education? 

You keep reading up. Maybe you’ll come across some non-fiction.