The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

I am not that strong at Math.... but .....   This would put us 4000 new cases per day in BC by xmas....  Yikes...

Hopefully our government takes more strict action. Soon.  Soon as in yesterday soon. 

British Columbia

Latest modelling shows COVID-19 cases in B.C. doubling every 13 days

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/latest-modelling-shows-covid-19-cases-in-b-c-doubling-every-13-days-1.5799829

Edited by kingofsurrey

10 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I am not that strong at Math.... but .....   This would put us 4000 new cases per day in BC by xmas....  Yikes...

Hopefully our government takes more strict action. Soon.  Soon as in yesterday soon. 

British Columbia

Latest modelling shows COVID-19 cases in B.C. doubling every 13 days

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/latest-modelling-shows-covid-19-cases-in-b-c-doubling-every-13-days-1.5799829

The South Asian and the 20-30 year old community, around metro-van, needs to get its act together. 

I want to see more information being put into and out of the temples and Punjabi tv shows/news channels.

The South Asian community is a good and responsive community but it needs the focus of the govt and it’s own internal messaging to get the word out about the provincial health guidelines. If not, then hit them in the wallet, hard. That might just get some of them to take more notice. 

• Like 1

Watched Jay and Trudi Inslee’s news conference. Further restrictions may come next week. Jay brought up to quarantine starting today for Washingtonians having Thanksgiving with family outside the home.  Him and Trudi are having a virtual Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving and Christmas are cancelled in my family.  I think my parents are making pizza for Thanksgiving.  

• Cheers 3

As COVID-19 cases surge, experts urge South Asians to stay home this Diwali

image.thumb.png.4ab2f22486b1c84feef747d04b8d19fb.png

It’s a sentiment echoed by B.C.’s Henry, who has hosted numerous teleconferences with ethnic media groups in Vancouver to share information and answer questions on the virus specific to the South Asian community.

“It’s not in any way to blame the [South Asian] community,” she said.

“Now we need to take measures to protect the community because it is being transmitted in the South Asian community moreso than we’re seeing in others right now.”

https://www.omnitv.ca/on/en/as-covid-19-cases-surge-experts-urge-south-asians-to-stay-home-this-diwali/

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Heh, people just had to go out to 50 houses for those little kitkats.....

I'm thinking the issue would probably be more the teens/twenty somethings partying in close proximity to eachother than people who were abundantly distant and overwhelmingly masked while trick or treating.

• Cheers 3

23 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'm thinking the issue would probably be more the teens/twenty somethings partying in close proximity to eachother than people who were abundantly distant and overwhelmingly masked while trick or treating.

Just don't see getting Kitkats from various strangers homes as essential during a viral pandemic crisis.  Justify the activity  however you want though. 

Just hoping we can still meet as a family  ( various households ) for this xmas......

I think i read in Quebec it may be only 2 households meeting at a time max for xmas.  That is terrible. 

Really hoping we can stablize the covid so we can have a xmas event with our families.   2020 sucks. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

7 hours ago, brilac said:

Watched Jay and Trudi Inslee’s news conference. Further restrictions may come next week. Jay brought up to quarantine starting today for Washingtonians having Thanksgiving with family outside the home.  Him and Trudi are having a virtual Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving and Christmas are cancelled in my family.  I think my parents are making pizza for Thanksgiving.  

I've already told my sister I might be dropping wine at her doorstep for Christmas. She can just leave some Nanaimo bar outside the door and we'll exchange.

So Cypress Mountain opens today. Grouse will soon too. Apparently they will be asking folks to wear a mask, pre-booking sky rides. Social distancing.

And cleaning throughout the resorts. They will be checking up on staff as well. 

Whistler will be opening Dec 8th. Mandatory masks, physical distancing, reservations, and cashless transactions. Only 2 people on a four person lift. (On opposite ends)

31 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

We need to mark 2039 in our calendars, I wonder if the NHL draft class that year will be especially thin, are there any reports if the pregnancy rate has gone up or down?

I have read that the birth rate is going down. I would have thought it would go up with everyone stuck indoors but the reduction of care and unsure future may be causing some couples to wait?

Speaking of reduction in care, apparently stillborn rates are increasing worldwide during the pandemic due to women not getting as much health care support. 

14 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

The South Asian and the 20-30 year old community, around metro-van, needs to get its act together. 

I want to see more information being put into and out of the temples and Punjabi tv shows/news channels.

The South Asian community is a good and responsive community but it needs the focus of the govt and it’s own internal messaging to get the word out about the provincial health guidelines. If not, then hit them in the wallet, hard. That might just get some of them to take more notice. 

they're going to go through some suffering in the next month, hopefully that straightens them out.  All those multi generational households?  Yikes

• Cheers 2