The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

27 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So, which part of keeping people out of the hospitals is the part you consistently have so much issue with?

So at what stage is this endemic.  Covid 0 Is impossible.  That was the question.  My point was if your fearing covid so much that you have to test twice a day with 0 symptoms we're obviously not done with it...

Edited by bolt
  • Wat 2

18 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

He's a great interviewer who brings in people and experts from all walks of life. There is a reason he is the most popular interviewer.  I didn't like him either, but he has on great guests. 

I take advice from his guests, not him. 

And the guests you are promoting are the laughing stock of the scientific community.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, bolt said:

So at what stage is this endemic.  Covid 0 Is impossible.  That was the question 

So, which part of keeping people out of the hospitals is the part you consistently have so much issue with?

And no, your statement was not a question, it was telling DLC what to do 

You regularly repeat the same stuff without ever considering WHY these steps are being taken

So again

which part of keeping people out of the hospitals is the part you consistently have so much issue with?

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, AbbyNux said:

He's a great interviewer who brings in people and experts from all walks of life. There is a reason he is the most popular interviewer.  I didn't like him either, but he has on great guests. 

I take advice from his guests, not him. 

He's not even a great interviewer. Often he is actually terrible at it. He talks over people when they don't agree, he asks strawman questions trying to get a response to fit his narrative while pulling up bogus google links that support it and he generally only brings on people that generate clicks hence why so much miss information is spread across his platform.

I have heard that guy aggressively take a bad stance on something, argue it repeatedly, then when facts are finally shown to disprove it he just called himself an idiot and plays it off like no one should listen to him. He's become entirely disingenuous which is downright dangerous based off who listens to him. He panders to the type of people that take his word as law.

Edit; lol the knuckle draggers are upset @rotiman187@Master Minddid I insult your miss-information overlord?

Edited by Shayster007
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 2

Can everyone just stop posting in here for a bit? 

I can't find the latest ICU numbers that Vintage usually posts because of the ridiculous amount of posts. 

Anyone got them handy? 

Just now, Shayster007 said:

He's not even a great interviewer. Often he is actually terrible at it. He talks over people when they don't agree, he asks strawman questions trying to get a response to fit his narrative and he generally only brings on people that generate clicks hence why so much miss information is spread across his platform.

He panders to the type of people that take his word as law.

To suggest basement Joe rogan is a great interviewer and put him in the same space as David frost, Barbara Walters, Mike Wallace, Leslie Stahl or even Koppel

THESE people could interview someone, give them time and space to speak then pounce on them.  Asking the hard questions and holding them to their statements

Instead of 

"Now I know you're making some great points, but I saw this youtube video, and wait let me finish; I saw this youtube video"

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bolt said:

So at what stage is this endemic.  Covid 0 Is impossible.  That was the question.  My point was if your fearing covid so much that you have to test twice a day with 0 symptoms we're obviously not done with it...

Who is doing that though?  Again, the exaggerations seem a little....desperate.

• Cheers 3

Given they reached peak capacity on testing, how can we even trust the numbers anymore? Not sure how they came up with a 4000 number when the daily testing was capped somewhere around 3000? So, the only number to watch really is the ICU and hospital admissions. Probably the least proactive response possible.

We've spent $$$$$$ and had two years to better prepare, and we will just watch the ICU fill up and then decide what to do. :picard:

• Vintage 1

Just now, gizmo2337 said:

Given they reached peak capacity on testing, how can we even trust the numbers anymore? Not sure how they came up with a 4000 number when the daily testing was capped somewhere around 3000? So, the only number to watch really is the ICU and hospital admissions. Probably the least proactive response possible.

We've spent $$$$$$ and had two years to better prepare, and we will just watch the ICU fill up and then decide what to do. :picard:

it might be the least proactive, but the hospitalization and ICU #'s are the most important. 

We know what we need to know, this variant is everywhere and moving fast. 

I don't think its fair to say anyone in gov't is waiting for an indication of what to do. People just need to keeping following the best practices as we know them today, and stop trying to make excuses or pretend its over. 

• RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Some of Joe Rogans most interesting moments.

And people want to call him credible.

He's a frigging guy sitting in a basement interviewing people but interjecting their expertise with web page and you tube based suggestions.  He suggested people were intentionally starting fires for political reasons because "he read a story"

https://www.dexerto.com/entertainment/top-5-most-controversial-joe-rogan-experience-podcast-episodes-1588112/

Honestly, I would not give a guy who suggested elk meat and BCAAs were great treatments for cancer any actual substance

It must be the elites are getting their info from CNN

image.jpeg.8da0c88c55ea4818d3ae86289ebf95b9.jpeg

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Gatzkek said:

It must be the elites are getting their info from CNN

image.jpeg.8da0c88c55ea4818d3ae86289ebf95b9.jpeg

Lol....

Look ma, Joe rogan is more entertayneng thun hannerty, curlson AND that maddah wuhman he must be smart

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Gatzkek said:

So you agree. Awaiting a nice.......huggy bear.

I agree to what?  Americans are stupid enough to believe that opinionists are somehow credible media personalities or qualified experts because they screech louder than their guests?  entertainers are not experts.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

I agree to what?  Americans are stupid enough to believe that opinionists are somehow credible media personalities or qualified experts because they screech louder than their guests?  entertainers are not experts.

People don't listen to his podcast to hear Rogan, they listen to it because his show gives people a chance to speak freely.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gatzkek said:

People don't listen to his podcast to hear Rogan, they listen to it because his show gives people a chance to speak freely.

aka "to spew bs"

He's already started a Gettr account and his followers are joining him...

giphy.gif

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1