The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Really think in 2020 we have a  mainstream media that is desperate to capture any interest in society.  Sign of a dying / dead industry. 

Yeah, I agree, they are looking for sensational stories and love to emulate that big disaster of a country to the south of us.

Then again if they didn't report these conspiracy type of gatherings maybe that would give more fuel to these ridiculous movements? They should just quickly mention them in the light they deserve...'tiny group of dimwits gathered today in Edmonton, protesting about some garbage they dug up on Facebook....now, on to the weather report'

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Oh yeah?

What is his name.

I don't believe it.  Source?

Edit: I confirmed with a local prison that (because of my job), although media says otherwise, they released no one due to covid. So releasing a murderer makes no sense. So no, it did not happen unless you provide proof imo.

You share yours, I’ll share mine ^_^

Christopher Dunlop 

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

So it is true you can get it twice?

Damn.  If you can get it twice and anti-bodies are not produced or effective...:shock:.  I wonder if she caught a different/mutated strain the second time.

I get regular flu shot every year but sometimes still get the flu.  But seldom do I get sick again with the flu once I recover. 

Edited by BPA
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

So,

200 people showed up in Edm. About 25 in Van.

These rallies are puny but are getting  a lot of attention. Reminds me of when the 'nazi's' were going to gather at Van city hall after the Charlottesville events. I wen't down there and found one guy preaching his nazi mumbo jumbo in amongst a sea of counter-protesters , one guy.

Maybe these events shouldn't get any coverage at all?

Right now, when public gatherings could be dangerous you have to inform people not to be at City Hall or wherever at that time. So the priority of the report is different. 

Personally I'm for exposing the fringe groups and conspiracy nuts. The surge now is connected to decades of attempting to ignore and laugh things off. But racism and domestic terror is obviously a much more serious problem than being reported. And there are a lot of connections between fringe groups, conspiracy nuts and anti Islamic, anti Semitic and white nationalists.  

Q-Anon is an example where authorities started to take it seriously only after seeing signs and shirts at the rallies. 

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I hear you. I have just been hearing different stories about being able to contract it multiple times.

its not clear if its something that can effect everyone, or if its a case of a small number of people not producing enough antibodies to protect themselves. We also don't know if its reoccurrence or re-infection. It doesn't appear to be something most people need to worry about, our infection numbers would be a lot higher. So far these are small numbers and we don't know the why's yet. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

Right now, when public gatherings could be dangerous you have to inform people not to be at City Hall or wherever at that time. So the priority of the report is different. 

Personally I'm for exposing the fringe groups and conspiracy nuts. The surge now is connected to decades of attempting to ignore and laugh things off. But racism and domestic terror is obviously a much more serious problem than being reported. And there are a lot of connections between fringe groups, conspiracy nuts and anti Islamic, anti Semitic and white nationalists.  

Yeah, I thought about this in my next post.

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Yeah, I agree, they are looking for sensational stories and love to emulate that big disaster of a country to the south of us.

Then again if they didn't report these conspiracy type of gatherings maybe that would give more fuel to these ridiculous movements? They should just quickly mention them in the light they deserve...'tiny group of dimwits gathered today in Edmonton, protesting about some garbage they dug up on Facebook....now, on to the weather report'

3 minutes ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

Q-Anon is an example where authorities started to take it seriously only after seeing signs and shirts at the rallies. 

Are authorities taking the Q -anon thing seriously? I hadn't heard much. I bet those investigators have a hard time keeping a straight face

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Are authorities taking the Q -anon thing seriously? I hadn't heard much. I bet those investigators have a hard time keeping a straight face

these conspiracy theory groups are the ultimate expression of our current golden age of bull$&!#. A lot of people are just happy to make up the realities they want now. I don't know why we bother to give them any attention. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/exotic-fire-dancer-arrested-in-nyc-outside-usns-comfort-with-car-full-of-knives/2396217/

16 minutes ago, BPA said:

Damn.  If you can get it twice and anti-bodies are not produced or effective...:shock:.  I wonder if she caught a different/mutated strain the second time.

I get regular flu shot every year but sometimes still get the flu.  But seldom do I get sick again with the flu once I recover. 

15 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its not clear if its something that can effect everyone, or if its a case of a small number of people not producing enough antibodies to protect themselves. We also don't know if its reoccurrence or re-infection. It doesn't appear to be something most people need to worry about, our infection numbers would be a lot higher. So far these are small numbers and we don't know the why's yet. 

Hopefully Jim is accurate otherwise this world is hooped. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

these conspiracy theory groups are the ultimate expression of our current golden age of bull$&!#. A lot of people are just happy to make up the realities they want now. I don't know why we bother to give them any attention. 

I agree. They are mostly just looking for attention. Some reason, any reason for them to feel that they have any meaning at all to their lives. I blame FB.:lol:

Just now, Canada Hockey Place said:

Yep, weirdo's everywhere. We used to have a poster that would bring us all these Q-anon type things.

My fav was a fake admission by Keanu Reeves that celebs etc drink babies blood. Got into real detail too, apparently you have to have the victim really scared so that the adrenal gland is secreting at the time of execution. Doesn't get much more ridiculous.

SO, maybe report it...maybe...but look at the amount of people involved and designate it to a 'fringe' news section. Kinda like the rise of the right in Europe. I want to see numbers if its a big deal and it is in some places, but the last  story I read was a 13 year old , online 'commander'. He had a whopping 35 followers. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I agree. They are mostly just looking for attention. Some reason, any reason for them to feel that they have any meaning at all to their lives. I blame FB.:lol:

Yep, weirdo's everywhere. We used to have a poster that would bring us all these Q-anon type things.

My fav was a fake admission by Keanu Reeves that celebs etc drink babies blood. Got into real detail too, apparently you have to have the victim really scared so that the adrenal gland is secreting at the time of execution. Doesn't get much more ridiculous.

SO, maybe report it...maybe...but look at the amount of people involved and designate it to a 'fringe' news section. Kinda like the rise of the right in Europe. I want to see numbers if its a big deal and it is in some places, but the last  story I read was a 13 year old , online 'commander'. He had a whopping 35 followers. 

I think historians will look back on our current age something like this:

Renaissance 

Romanticism

Naturalism

Modernism

Post-modernism

Bull$hit

Post-Bull$hit 

I blame social media. Our ability to spread verbal manure far outstrips our ability to have rational discussions. !00 years from now we will be looked upon as a society that had its head up its wazoo.

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

It seems like only 2-3% of people build up an immunity to it. If that is true there is no way they will ever create a vaccine for it. We're just going to see some new flu medication that helps with COVID-19 and that will be it. 

Edited by peaches5

Just now, peaches5 said:

It seems like only 2-3% of people build up an immunity to it. If that is true there is no way they will ever create a vaccine for it. We're just going to see some new for of flu medication that helps with COVID-19 and that will be it. 

what study is that from? 

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

OK lets dial back the hyperbole. We all know the timelines, it wasn't until Jan 30th that the pandemic was declared, and we know now that Taiwan wasn't given proper attention. 

But thats not an excuse for countries waiting another 6-7 weeks to act. We all saw the daily reports coming out of WHO of the virus increasing its spread daily. All of our governments should have acted faster, and had time to act, but they didn't. Thats not the fault of the WHO.

The only reason to put all the blame on WHO is to let guys like Trump or other world leaders off the hook. They all had time to act and almost all of them didn't, with the exception of New Zealand no one can really claim any sort of victory that way. 

Exactly right, nothing more than a deflection

• Cheers 4

13 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Probably because a few highly motivated wing nuts can cause a lot of death and damage to the rest of us if they decide to.

As much as I also detest the sensationalist media's handling and exploiting of these morons, this is not something we simply bury or heads about.

Canada's early COVID-19 cases came from the U.S. not China, provincial data shows

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/nationalpost.com/news/politics/canadas-early-covid-19-cases-came-from-the-u-s-not-china-provincial-data-shows/amp

So in reality, Canada needed to ban all flights/cruises/etc from everywhere in order to stop Covid-19 from getting into Canada. 

Edited by BPA