The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

as much as I dislike the orange pig I just can't see this helping anyone. The alt-facts crowd won't care, they might even celebrate it somehow. People who do care will just feel more despair. 

Disagree.

Everything I have read regarding negative advertising says that it works. IMHO, the Biden campaign should use this as part of their arsenal....and I use that term as a fan of Spurs, so you know I mean it....

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Disagree.

Everything I have read regarding negative advertising says that it works. IMHO, the Biden campaign should use this as part of their arsenal....and I use that term as a fan of Spurs, so you know I mean it....

its too muddy, you can't directly link a specific death to that, particularly in the US where there are so many factors working against people. It plays into the "Trump hysteria" thing they like to talk about. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its too muddy, you can't directly link a specific death to that, particularly in the US where there are so many factors working against people. It plays into the "Trump hysteria" thing they like to talk about. 

Since there has been and still is, ultra-incompetency, every death should be blamed on this administration.

Should they have at the very least tried, I may have had developed a different opinion. 

Lying, gaslighting, diverging from actual fact to build a fictitious narrative while people are dying, you get no pass.

A month ago, this was their message and it still is viewed as a type of hoax by them:

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

Since there has been and still is, ultra-incompetency, every death should be blamed on this administration.

Should they have at the very least tried, I may have had developed a different opinion. 

Lying, gaslighting, diverging from actual fact to build a fictitious narrative while people are dying, you get no pass.

there's no doubt Trump has made things worse for the US and for the world. E.g., His China-WHO ass covering conspiracy theory just makes it harder for our researchers to work with Chinese ones who have the most experience with the virus. 

But how do you say specific person 'x' over here due to it, or exactly 41,233 people more died? its leaves itself open to being easily shot down and its another unneeded distraction imo.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

The epidemiologists have done just that. WaPo didn't just arrive at an arbitrary number.

You're correct in that the MAGA crowd won't believe it, but they aren't the target audience. There is a significant portion of the electorate that isn't tied to one party or the other. I think that site will definitely have an effect on them.

• Cheers 1

On 5/6/2020 at 3:24 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

there's no doubt Trump has made things worse for the US and for the world. E.g., His China-WHO ass covering conspiracy theory just makes it harder for our researchers to work with Chinese ones who have the most experience with the virus. 

But how do you say specific person 'x' over here due to it, or exactly 41,233 people more died? its leaves itself open to being easily shot down and its another unneeded distraction imo.  

You don’t.

You blame it on the Russian Asset and his grifting cronies all the way 100% and hold trial at The Hague for crimes against humanity which includes:

The killing and trafficking migrant children,

The killing of America’s long time ally; the Kurds. By pulling out of Syria, the Kurds got decimated by Turkish forces who moved against them the very next night.

Puerto Rico’s dead and subsequent attrition of a helpless American territory,

The killing of author Jamal Khashogii (if you think Kushner sells weapons to Saudi Arabia to decimate Yemen but they didn’t know about Khashoggi.... riiiiiight),

The assassination of Qasem Solemani, 

(America is not at war with Iran. They’d like to be. But they’re not),

The decimation of the Iranian nuclear deal and reinstatement of Iranian embargo, tightening those embargo during Covid-19, thereby assuring that precious medical equipment never makes it to the Iranian people, thereby killing Iranians,

Pirating precious PPE at numerous International, sovereign airports paid and destined to Covid-19 epicentres, which would’ve saved lives somewhere else in the world.

For the Americans:

The attempt and subsequent success at toppling American Democracy via Coup d’État with the help of a foreign entity; Russia, not the Ukraine,

Attempt to secure a back channel with the Russians on the VERY NEXT DAY IN OFFICE!

Lying on record to the American people 18,000 times. 18,000 times in 2,000 days as President; that’s 9 lies/ day average,

The mega-heist that continues to this day in the form of gigantic corporate and billionaire tax breaks and bailout packages, with only crumbs for the general people and small businesses,

Defunding most departments bare, including the pandemic office, the education system, the Veterans Affair, Medicaid, the ETA and emergency relief funds and giving that money to his loyalists,

Decimating the Investigator General system that is there to oversee that there is no wrong doing, which means the House and the Senate are now blind to the management of money and policy at the Executive level,

Instigating and encouraging white supremacists to intimidate others, including “liberating” States which is close to an internal act of War,

Controlled, systematic, conscious “mismanagement” management of the American Covid crisis,

Attempting to “flood New York and New Jersey” with Hydroxychloroquine; a drug that kills more people than saves as it is not intended for Covid-19 patients,

Firing the head of vaccine development for refusing to unethically push Hydroxychloroquine because some of Kushner’s friends have a stake in it for profit,

Pushing the insanely macabre idea of drinking disinfectants you know, “because it does a number on the lungs”,

Using the office for personal gain,

Using the Covid-19 pressers as a platform for re-election campaign,

I’m sure I’ve forgotten some. But those are the ones we know about.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 3

45 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

What did he say?

Generally he said that the money to help New York is easily balanced out by the amount that Kentucky receives each year. New York pays billions into a fund that Kentucky (McConnell's state) takes money out from.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Read this morning that some folks are burning their houses down, because they think they can "purify" their masks in a microwave.....

....what could possibly go wrong? :picard:

Well... burning down the house...

Edited by Me_

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Read this morning that some folks are burning their houses down, because they think they can "purify" their masks in a microwave.....

....what could possibly go wrong? :picard:

well, it isn't bleach shooters with an ammonia chaser. So there's that. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

It is bestest and yugest letter ever known to people kind.

You should keep it as a souvenir as a sad reminder of the times.  Hopefully the type of reminder you can look back upon if a few years and laugh to how ridiculous things were (and not a harbinger of future ridiculousness).

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

You should keep it as a souvenir as a sad reminder of the times.  Hopefully the type of reminder you can look back upon if a few years and laugh to how ridiculous things were (and not a harbinger of future ridiculousness).

I was thinking in case I run out of toilet paper I could use his beautiful letter.

• Haha 1