The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2020-21 (Apply Within!)

Nail

image.png.bd456b00b145340060a3004b407bf15f.png PENGUINS TRADE REPORT

Pittsburgh's new management group has completed evaluations on the teams personnel.

The following players will now be openly discussed in trade talks with those parties interested:

F Ryan Johanson

F Nick Cousins

F Adam Lowry

F Jordan Weal

D Calvin de Haan

D Brendan Smith

G Jonathan Quick

Though our discussions are not limited to those outlined above if you are interested drop me a line.

Select prospects will also be made available if the deal is right.

The Penguins primary goal is to acquire additional draft picks and start the process of building depth from the goaltender position outwards.

Thank you

Edited by Mike Vanderhoek

17 hours ago, Nail said:

Conditional Trades Updates:

2022 VAN 4th Round Pick has transferred from Vancouver to Calgary after Jan Rutta has appeared in more than 10 games in the 2020-21 season.

Sept 14th Trade Jan Rutta FC: Van 4th 2022 to Calgary if Jan Rutta sees 10 NHL games in the 20-21 season Kobayashi Maru/Calgary

We assumed this would be the case, but there was some indication that there was a chance Jan would not be able to meet the rather low bar. Fair is fair and we still feel Jan Rutta was worth this 4th round pick. Hope you get something nice for yourself! 

I believe this is the end of our obligations under FC's. Nice. 

Thank you to Nail for tracking and completing the FC.

16 minutes ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To MIN - Adam Lowry

To PIT - Chris Tierney, MIN 2021 3rd Round Pick

Thank you to @Canuck Surfer for the time working on the deal. This deal fits the mold of where we are heading, a little younger, a little more productive and adding a 3rd round pick sealed the deal.

Just now, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Thank you to @Canuck Surfer for the time working on the deal. This deal fits the mold of where we are heading, a little younger, a little more productive and adding a 3rd round pick sealed the deal.

No Problem.

Not sure Lowry will keep his career high performance with Dubois now in fold?  But he's on a play off team in our opinion.  So we paid some some for that. Hope it plays out.

Cheers!

• Cheers 1

image.png.05efef5e770d80ec69b08ea8ccc93446.png PENGUINS PRESS RELEASE

The Penguins have been very active utilizing any means necessary to acquire talent and upgrade the active roster. More moves are expected in the coming days.

A quick note to inquiring minds, the following players are NOT available via trade:

Brady Tkachuk

Tim Stutzle 

Travis Konecny

Joel Farabee

Drake Batherson

Jake Sanderson 

Ilya Sorokin

Also teams looking to add picks, we are not in a position to move any higher picks with the only exception being part of a deal in acquiring a top defenseman or starting goaltender.

Thank you

St. Louis Blues Update @Nail

Send Saarela down to minors

Take Aston-Reece off IR

The following are available for picks/prospects, shoot your shot!

All expiring UFA's

Kyle Okposo

Evgeny Dadonov

Jordan Martinook

Joe Thornton

Derek Forbort

Zdeno Chara

Braydon Coburn 

Jaroslav Halak

Then everyone else except Shesterkin, Heiskanen, Boqvist and Luostarinen are available as well. I can retain on any.

Let me know :)

8 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Trying to get KJ fired on his birthday :(

But is it really or is he one of those leapers that claw back a day to usurp MY birthday for their own? O.o bumm bummmmm bummmmmmmmm.

6 hours ago, Tylez said:

Happily surprised to be sitting 2nd in Central. Been letting things coast a bit. Don't know about what my chances would be come playoffs, however will look to shop for some sure fire playoff players if the Trend up continues

I was happy to be just a litle over 100 points out of the playoffs...that means I can make up the difference fast!