The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 21, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. PT | NBCSN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

What a joke. Too bad that you don't like it. Yeah, it was whiplash. Period. Watch the video. Myers was frustrated, but if the NHL dope heads feel it wasn't worthy of a suspension, than go away and cry in Montreal. 

Can't believe some of the bleeding hearts on this site over the Myers hit.    The NHL is already one step away from becoming women's hockey (not that i don't like women's hockey - but come on) .... hitting is supposed to be part of the game.   QHs and EP fall down whenever they get bumped, we need Myers to do this every night - without the penalty calls because they aren't penalties, or at used they didn't use to be.   Half the "hits" wouldn't count as hits but finishing your check pre lockout.  Why is it Myers fault for making a solid hit when a players head is down - and he did it perfectly within the rules.   Its not dirty - it's a clean hit.   The word clean means just that.     Love having Myers on the team, if we dangle him Seattle will pick him up, and it will set us back .... 

• Cheers 3

17 hours ago, canuktravella said:

hes not a ppg player hes not close to peteys potential either 

If I could trade Petey for another Bo Horvat I would do that any day of the week..

If Petey can get a little more stable on his feet and then learn to stop trying to hit people and just concentrate on his strengths he will be fine.  He will always be slight and should stop trying to body check guys. It looks stupid. His brother Emil is 27 and has never put any weight on.

Petey needs to be focused on mobility and quickness. 

4 hours ago, appleboy said:

If I could trade Petey for another Bo Horvat I would do that any day of the week..

If Petey can get a little more stable on his feet and then learn to stop trying to hit people and just concentrate on his strengths he will be fine.  He will always be slight and should stop trying to body check guys. It looks stupid. His brother Emil is 27 and has never put any weight on.

Petey needs to be focused on mobility and quickness. 

pretty sure i've seen petey go to coast through 2 dmen and score   emil isnt his brother  and ya id rather petey than bo as well hes a superstar and bo is a solid center  and your a troll obviously or u dont know anything about hockey.

Edited by canuktravella

When Myers first signed here. I didn't think he was that bad of a signing because we needed his size on our D-zone. 

But now watching him play last year, the playoffs and this season, I just have to say what a complete dumbass he is.
Like how can you be so stupid to throw that hit that late in the game? I get it, you are frustrated but you should be smart enough to remember that you will play each other the next game and there will be retaliation.

Also, the penalties Myers took was completely his fault so wtf...

We really have to get rid of Myers and maybe have to do a scorch earth approach to the D-corp.

On 1/21/2021 at 10:11 PM, EddieVedder said:

Want Benny to try Boeser and Rathbone plus a 1st for PLD.  

Sorry man, that's HUGE overpayment.  PLD is not helping matters.  JB likely won't even throw a second round pick his way right now.  Any player who lets his team down by not playing the puck or giving a &^%* is not a player that JB will target at any cost. 

On 1/22/2021 at 6:50 AM, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I actually don't mind this slump the Canucks are going through. It finally exposes all the flaws that were covered up by Markstrom's unbelievable goaltending. Whether it be a change in coaching strategies, Benning's approach to (re)signing players, etc hopefully this will convince Benning and Green that there is still a lot more work to do. 

With or without Markstrom's stellar goaltending, the way the Canucks were playing the past few years was unsustainable and now that Markstrom's left, we can really see why that's the case. 

I agree with you there.  Even though it's two games ago, It's better for them to go through this now than next season where most of the cap hits is off the books and we can actually sign free agents that supply to the core as this season might be a write off anyways and we have overachieved last year because of Markstrom's play.   It is also a good thing we made the playoffs last season the lottery pick is in play this upcoming draft and we could actually win the 1st overall pick for the first time.   The overpaid veterans is getting old and not performing the way we saw them in the playoffs..