The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Military takes control of Myanmar

King Heffy

On 2/1/2021 at 8:16 PM, CBH1926 said:

When it comes to China, military will become king later on.

Australia, Philippines, Vietnam, Canada, Japan etc. will learn this in the near future.

When it comes to Russia and the U.S, economic impact will be the king because anything else would obliterate China.

Fast forward few decades and war between India and China will take center stage.

The military in the Philippines are quite fond of Duterte as well as his 91% approval rating with the citizens

As far as the myanmar coup, I don't really have a comment on it as it doesn't affect me and I really don't know both sides of the story to take a side on it

On 2/1/2021 at 3:40 PM, The Lock said:

The US is (arguably) not the most powerful nation anymore nor is it the most democratic. The last half of the 20th century, possibly might have, but it's falling by the wayside fast.

US can't sit on their high horse like they used to. They'll piss on other countries freedom of speech and yet the US can't treat their civilians equally because of race, religion, sexuality, etc. LOL The US needs to fix its own yard before taking a dump on others

1 hour ago, filthycanuck said:

LOL you're probably a white guy that just believes anything he reads. The military in the Philippines are quite fond of Duterte as well as his 91% approval rating with the citizens

As far as the myanmar coup, I don't really have a comment on it as it doesn't affect me and I really don't know both sides of the story to take a side on it

What has the colour of CBH's skin got to do with the content of his posts ?

I find CBH well informed and his posts are on point.

As for Duterte he is a murdering POS wannabe dictator.

With 86 percent of the population hanging on to an outdated fable/ religious belief,I am sure his policies pander to those beliefs accounting for his popularity.

• Cheers 3

8 hours ago, Ilunga said:

You could say that China might be copying US strategy of the last 2 centuries.

First the Monroe Doctrine then the addition of the Roosevelt Corollary.

Keep your opponents as far away from your front door as you can,so can  think about offense rather than defense.

One thing that I have learned from personal life experiences is this.

Once powerful groups start publishing maps with changed borders it’s a bad sign, it has always leads to wars.

Also someone has always been “in charge” throughout our history from the Roman Empire, British empire, Spanish empire, Ottoman Empire, Russian/Soviet empire, U.S  etc. I have no reason to believe that China doesn’t have same aspirations.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ilunga said:

What has the colour of CBH's skin got to do with the content of his posts ?

I find CBH well informed and his posts are on point.

With 86 percent of the population hanging on to an outdated fable/ religious belief,I am sure his policies pander to those beliefs accounting for his popularity.

So some religions aren't outdated?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Philippines

Pretty bold calling out a whole country like that.

7 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

zzzzzzzzz

are you one of those clowns who is afraid China will start a world war?  

If so it will never happen.  NEVER.  I won't get into the dictatorship and the so called claims with the so called territorial disputes, I'm currently in Indonesia right now, (they are closer to China then USA right now) and there are no issues between these 2 countries, anyways, no war will break out. Mark these words. 

7 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

you're hilarious.  I'm not a fan of China right now especially with them flying their jets over Taiwan, but you're absolutely hilarious.  Let me guess, you subscribe to China uncensored? 

This is where the adults are discussing global politics.

Do you a have factual rebuttal to my point that China claims parts of neighboring countries or just some childish insults?

When you do, get back to me skippy!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

The military in the Philippines are quite fond of Duterte as well as his 91% approval rating with the citizens

Sounds to be like you have a compression issue.

I stated than China and Philippines might clash in the near future.

No idea why you are talking about the approval ratings for Duterte or the military fondness for him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

One thing that I have learned from personal life experiences is this.

Once powerful groups start publishing maps with changed borders it’s a bad sign, it has always leads to wars.

Also someone has always been “in charge” throughout our history from the Roman Empire, British empire, Spanish empire, Ottoman Empire, Russian/Soviet empire, U.S  etc. I have no reason to believe that China doesn’t have same aspirations.

I totally agree in fact it crossed my mind to bring up the Roman and British empires.

All that post was meant to state was maybe China is trying to copy the United states in the way they went about it.

6 hours ago, canuckster19 said:

So some religions aren't outdated?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Philippines

Pretty bold calling out a whole country like that.

To quote a wise man 

It's funny how some fables became historic 

When the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric 

Just because millions of people are stupid enough to believe something is factual, that does not make it so.

The people who wrote the metaphors/allegories that the Christian metaphors/allegories are based on were smart enough to know they were/are metaphors/allegories.

Anyway the point of my post is that I like many others believe that is it is easy to see through the control mechanisms and predejuices built into those beliefs and in this day and age they are outdated.

Duterte panders to those people's religious beliefs to maintain his popularity.

13 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

The Philippines is also the country with the highest approval rating of Trump so a 91% approval rating actually doesn't say a lot about the opinions of most Filipinos :lol:

For the record I am from The Philippines and used to live there

Edited by iinatcc
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

On 2/1/2021 at 7:01 AM, King Heffy said:

The main difference between Myanmar and what happened in the Capitol is the end result.  I certainly agree the treatment of the Rohingya was utterly reprehensible, but they were persecuted under years of military rule.

And the main difference is that the Military seized control over Myanmar. Can you imagine if Trump deployed the military during the Capitol riots? pretty sure he was considering that.

11 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I often half joke that the Philippines' rules about stuff like divorce, abortion, and birth control are from the middle ages. Sadly I don't think this is going to change. I still have a lot of friends back in the Philippines who have misogynistic sexist views about these issues.

As for Duterte ... well he's also encouraged his soldiers to rape women so yes he's horrible and actually brings out the worst qualities of the country. 

• Upvote 1