The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Referee & Linesmen low-lites

Rate this topic

GhostsOf1994

Hi CDC

I would like to start a thread on the terrible, bad and stupid calls made during canucks games this season.

It worked for dives and embellishments, it should work for the on ice staff as well.

I know there are far smarter people on here who can break down the % of penalties or non calls by certain referees and lines men, so please share your information.

The NHL does not like being embarrased in the media but since they are a joke of the major sports leagues then we should help !

• Haha 1

I'll play....

but only if you start a Greener Low Lites thread also

I'd like to give you the linesman breaking up Jake and Pionk

that was never going to turn into a fight

but

Jake did knock heads with the linesman 3 times... served him (linesman) right

Edited by lmm
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Here's the problem with refs: Error is cumulative. It always has been, and it always will be. 

When they added the 2nd ref, it not only exacerbated the problem of human error, it added on the force multiplier of a 2nd overpaid EGO into the mix.

How often do you see the ref who is 200 feet away make a bad call? This arises from the innate desire to one up his competitor, the other ref, and it has broken the game.

A 2nd ref is not a bad idea, but they need to be moved off the ice, with the power of veto.

Getting the call right needs to 100% be the focus of the league.

50%+ of all trips, slashes, interference, is actually diving.

This should be the focus of the league, imo.

Police these soft falls (not soft calls), and make your bloody officials accountable by REVIEWS on their calls in real time, if you want this league to rise above competitive badminton in the US for ratings.

EDIT - I eagerly await the future when computers can ref the game properly.

Edited by xereau
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

34 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

HUNDRED PERCENT

I want to see more of Big Mac

Certainly was more noticeable to the opposition than player Ericksson.  Here is an idea when faced with overtime.  Start Virtanen (speed and muscle to the net) along with Big Mac.  Maybe match up with one defenseman.  Get the puck and storm the net.  Can't be an worse than Hughes and Petey getting knocked off the puck.

12 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Hi CDC

I would like to start a thread on the terrible, bad and stupid calls made during canucks games this season.

I'm not sure that there's even enough space on the internet to do this? :towel:

5 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

How about a ‘Give Green a contract extension’ thread?

Runs & hides.:ph34r:

No need to hide, that's a great idea!

Edited by ImConfused
  • Cheers 1

I was clipping a lot of penalties in the playoff run last year (video related) but am back to work now and can't watch every regular season game. The frustrating part for me is how a lot of bad calls disappear forever since they aren't captured in any form. Have there been some egregious ones recently?

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Xanlet said:

I was clipping a lot of penalties in the playoff run last year (video related) but am back to work now and can't watch every regular season game. The frustrating part for me is how a lot of bad calls disappear forever since they aren't captured in any form. Have there been some egregious ones recently?

Last game on the PP Boeser was hooked off the draw, battle for puck and 10 seconds later winnepeg gets a breakaway, player got a shot off and Boeser got called for slashing.

I turned the game off at that point.