The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canadiens sign Cole Caufield

5 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Who's taller? Caufield or Hog?

Hoglander is 2 inches taller but probably has 30 pounds on Caulfield. If you think Petey was getting knocked around in his rookie year wait until you see Caulfield. Little Johnny even has 2 inches and 10 pounds on him. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Vintage 2

20 hours ago, HKSR said:

The Habs are building a real powerhouse over there.

I don’t mind the Canadians but I’m a little bitter considering they had an identical situation to ours at the start of their rebuild. They had an empty cupboard in the pressure of a Canadian Market and turned it around fast. I’m jealous to be honest. 

9 hours ago, Convincing John said:

I don’t mind the Canadians but I’m a little bitter considering they had an identical situation to ours at the start of their rebuild. They had an empty cupboard in the pressure of a Canadian Market and turned it around fast. I’m jealous to be honest. 

i'm not jealous of their roster, i truely think on paper we re as good as them. 
i'm jealous of their system. they forecheck like demons, and that leads to a numberous turnovers and scoring chances. 

• Cheers 1

On 3/27/2021 at 9:41 PM, HKSR said:

The Habs are building a real powerhouse over there.

Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Caulfield.  I wouldn’t  call that building a powerhouse. Bergevin’s drafting has been horrible. He took Kotkaniemi over Hughes and Little Cole over Podkolzin. 

Meanwhile Benning has Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser, Podkolzin, Demko, Hoglander, Juolevi, Rathbone.  I think Benning is the one who is building the Powerhouse. 

Montreal has their two best players on huge long term contracts and they are both past their prime years, Price and Weber. Montreal is a perfect example of how horrible drafting will keep you from becoming an elite team. 

Vancouver is still a below average team as of right now. But at least we have a future to look forward to and with some tweaks here and there, better coaching and getting all those young players in the lineup I think our future looks much brighter than Montreal’s. 

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Caulfield.  I wouldn’t  call that building a powerhouse. Bergevin’s drafting has been horrible. He took Kotkaniemi over Hughes and Little Cole over Podkolzin. 

Meanwhile Benning has Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser, Podkolzin, Demko, Hoglander, Juolevi, Rathbone.  I think Benning is the one who is building the Powerhouse. 

Montreal has their two best players on huge long term contracts and they are both past their prime years, Price and Weber. Montreal is a perfect example of how horrible drafting will keep you from becoming an elite team. 

Vancouver is still a below average team as of right now. But at least we have a future to look forward to and with some tweaks here and there, better coaching and getting all those young players in the lineup I think our future looks much brighter than Montreal’s. 

How did Bergevin take Caufield over Podkolzin? Montreal didn’t pick until 15th.  Vancouver took Podkolzin at 10th.  Nice try with the false narrative.  Kotkaniemi may have been a bit of a reach. Time will tell. But Montreal desperately needed centre’s when they drafted him 

You’re also ignoring Romanov (who was taken immediately after Vancouver took Woo).  Who’s the better pick there?   Drafting is far from an exact science.  Montreal had been poor in the last several years but seems to have improved over the last few seasons.  They have quality depth at every position but lack the two high end pieces Vancouver has in Hughes and Pettersson.  They have a couple more very promising pieces in Hoglander in Podkolzin.

Atm Montreal has a better D and better depth through their forward lineup. Which team ends up being better over the next 5-6 years is up for debate.  I’d say both teams have a bright future.  

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Nuck1991 said:

i would love to see them miss the playoffs this year

Same, especially cause that would mean we would be in. Calgary and Montreal to miss :)

Edited by Devron44

8 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Nice try with the false narrative.

My biggest peeve on this site, falsehoods. I can agree that Benning/player x/coach z or whoever, has made mistakes, I get that some people think they are the worst, ever.

However if they are truly that bad, why do people make up stuff?

Should be no need to lie about stuff.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Will be nice to see if Caufield can make the jump to pro.  He's Gionta's height but closer in weight to Gaudreau.  If Armia is not re-signed, then the Habs could have a line-up with Gallagher, Anderson, Toffoli and Caufield on the RW (although I believe Toffoli also plays LW).  Lots of skill in the line-up but will have to see if the lack of size hurts them in the future.

49 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

How did Bergevin take Caufield over Podkolzin? Montreal didn’t pick until 15th.  Vancouver took Podkolzin at 10th.  Nice try with the false narrative.  Kotkaniemi may have been a bit of a reach. Time will tell. But Montreal desperately needed centre’s when they drafted him 

You’re also ignoring Romanov (who was taken immediately after Vancouver took Woo).  Who’s the better pick there?   Drafting is far from an exact science.  Montreal had been poor in the last several years but seems to have improved over the last few seasons.  They have quality depth at every position but lack the two high end pieces Vancouver has in Hughes and Pettersson.  They have a couple more very promising pieces in Hoglander in Podkolzin.

Atm Montreal has a better D and better depth through their forward lineup. Which team ends up being better over the next 5-6 years is up for debate.  I’d say both teams have a bright future.  

Ah my bad.  I missed that.  Not trying to make a false narrative, just an error on my part.  The rest of my post stands.  Romanov looks good but at the time of the draft Woo was a better prospect and he may still turn out to be the better player.  Vancouver has alot of higher end talent than Montreal under the age of 23, and I think you agreed with me.

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Ah my bad.  I missed that.  Not trying to make a false narrative, just an error on my part.  The rest of my post stands.  Romanov looks good but at the time of the draft Woo was a better prospect and he may still turn out to be the better player.  Vancouver has alot of higher end talent than Montreal under the age of 23, and I think you agreed with me.

I think Vancouver has the 2 best pieces and Montreal has more quality depth.  

Edited by qwijibo