Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators | April 24, 7 p.m. | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

42 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Vesey, Michaelis are the extras.

Sheesh.

What does it say about Virtanen since he's on the 4th line? :picard:

I keep having hope for him to break out. But now I'm ready to move on from him ala Gaudette. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

Sheesh.

I keep having hope for him to break out. But now I'm ready to move on from him ala Gaudette. 

I would rather see Virtanen with Hoglander and Miller and Mac with Highmore and Boyd. 

Virtanen has played ok lately.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Cheers 4

5 minutes ago, kilgore said:

On the topic of "working on the basics",  I hope the team works on how to quickly, and efficiently move the puck out of the D zone once you have possession.

Seems like its starting to infect the new bodies as well.

Thing is, they are killing themselves by doing 90% of the work to recover the puck, after battling the forecheck of the opponent, but that last 10% is missing too often...to either pass it out to a forward, or at least push it out over the blue line.

Maybe other teams are just as bad and I have tunnel vision but it seems like the Canucks are particularly challenged with what to do with the puck during those 10% crucial seconds.  Many times they decide to see how many dangerous passes they can make to each other inside their own zone first.  Or they get it all the way to the blue line before flubbing the puck, bouncing off a skate, fan on the puck, or any number of brainfarts causing another minute or two of onslaught in our zone.

Its like they never practice or plan positioning with what to do when they DO recover the puck. Create planned outlet paths, back up each other. Its such a shame, too many times, when they go through a Herculean effort to fight back possession, and then.......freeze until they are swamped again...or a blind pass to nowhere...or even a direct pass to the opposition. When I watch them panic....I panic!  That is my biggest pet peeve and causing me to turn into an alcoholic watching this team.

i think joulevi and chatfield have better ability than both benn and edler at getting the puck out while remaining possession. But they are still having serious flaws of when they should "go for it" or just do the safe play. also will someone let Juolevi know to rip it when hes pinching, and save the safe shots when hes at he blueline?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

Sheesh.

Who's Borvat?

Is he the one that centers Tearson and Broeser?

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

This is scary and why we all need to hear the experiences of those who've HAD COVID rather than the deniers who read all about it on SM.

welcome to my life.......brain fog has been a huge one for me.  My ears have been ringing for 14 months non stop

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

i think joulevi and chatfield have better ability than both benn and edler at getting the puck out while remaining possession. But they are still having serious flaws of when they should "go for it" or just do the safe play. also will someone let Juolevi know to rip it when hes pinching, and save the safe shots when hes at he blueline?

I saw Chatfield especially playiing like a rover at times and getting caught out of position. He panics a bit too. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I saw Chatfield especially playiing like a rover at times and getting caught out of position. He panics a bit too. 

yes chatfield takes more chances then most of our defenceman, trying to beat forecheckers in the neutral zone, and juolevi made some risky poke checksjuolevi.JPG.c12aff9dbfd1b444c4d0790a66cbc041.JPG

• Cheers 3

14 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I would rather see Virtanen with Hoglander and Miller and Mac with Highmore and Boyd. 

Virtanen has played ok lately.

That would be my preference as well.  Virtanen is a middle 6 winger.  Either he's in that spot or move him out (trade).

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Was really hoping Lind would get a shot tonight

I don’t think he can. We have enough healthy bodies now and wasn’t he an emergency call up?

Someone needs to clarify 

Edited by Devron44

21 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

here is chatfield on the pk. the defenceman most times shouldn't  be the furthest player on both teams away from his own goalie.chatfield.JPG.177f6c621efa3aaa6269ffa062aff97d.JPG

Edited by Petey_BOI