The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Have you been vaccinated?

-SN-

Have you been vaccinated?   

442 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 minutes ago, DanielCloutier said:

From what i’ve seen this is how you react anytime you’re presented with something that contradicts your point of view. instead of attacking the points made, you rely on zingers as a way to deflect from having to actually address the information/argument presented. 

if you care about your point of view, tell me i’m wrong and why. win me over to your side. fight the good fight.

or continue with the ad hominem. idc. i’m unbothered tbh.

nope, if engaged well I react well. 

And you didn't make a point, you made a rant and I laughed at it. 

On 3/7/2022 at 4:55 PM, DanielCloutier said:

Man some of the takes on here aged horribly. Shots have been proven not to prevent the spread. The moral posturing is hilarious. You should be ashamed of yourselves for gaslighting and wishing death upon those who made a personal medical decision not to get the shot. Disgusting humans tbh..

Another bozo peddling false information.

Vaccines have very clearly been shown to prevent recipients from 1st catching the virus and 2nd suffering serious illness.

Its morons like the above who were 90% of the people in the intensive care wards... you wanna feel sorry for them, but they are endangering the rest of us by keeping this virus in being.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, DanielCloutier said:

For me, I'm 27, take good care of my body, and have fought off the virus just fine and now I have natural immunity, which is inarguably superior to immunity by vaccination. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DanielCloutier said:

okay now you’re definitely proving the point i made earlier about how you respond to things that contradict your point of view. 

Only a complete idiot, who is a healthy adult, wouldn't be vaccinated at this point.  You do realize the science shows a boosted 80 year old is less likely to be seriously ill from Covid than an non vaccinated 20-30 year old, right?   

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Only a complete idiot, who is a healthy adult, wouldn't be vaccinated at this point.  You do realize the science shows a boosted 80 year old is less likely to be seriously ill from Covid than an non vaccinated 20-30 year old, right?   

no Alf, its "inarguably superior" :lol:

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, DanielCloutier said:

okay now you’re definitely proving the point i made earlier about how you respond to things that contradict your point of view. 

yeah I guess you're correct, your total outlier hypotheses is bang on, I stand corrected. 

4 minutes ago, DanielCloutier said:

And my risk of experiencing complications due to the vaccine is higher than those in other age groups.

So then you're not a healthy adult.  Your being not healthy excludes you from getting vaccinated, but you need to be extra friggin' careful to avoid getting Covid.  It can be a death sentence to the sickly.

8 minutes ago, DanielCloutier said:

It's kind of funny because that was actually the least controversial part of what I said. Natural immunity is better than vaccinated immunity. There's no debate around that.

No it's not.  Where are you getting this from?  Why don't you post the science behind such assertions?  And Joe, I get dewormed yearly but I'm not a horse, Rogan isn't a source.  Nor is your local feed store bulletin board.  Nor is the "I'm a urine drinking antivaxxer" website.  

• Vintage 1

On 3/12/2022 at 12:14 AM, *Buzzsaw* said:

Another bozo peddling false information.

Vaccines have very clearly been shown to prevent recipients from 1st catching the virus and 2nd suffering serious illness.

Its morons like the above who were 90% of the people in the intensive care wards... you wanna feel sorry for them, but they are endangering the rest of us by keeping this virus in being.

Post Alpha/Beta/Delta, now Omicron has shown that it can evade the vaccine and infect people (hence case counts exploded in vaccinated) BUT the vaccine still has still GREATLY reduces your chance of getting sick beyond your run of the mill 24 hour flu symptoms and the odds of going to hospital/ICU are still extremely small if you're under 70.  So in conclusion, yes the vaccine is still beneficial.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

Post Alpha/Beta/Delta, now Omicron has shown that it can evade the vaccine and infect people (hence case counts exploded in vaccinated) BUT the vaccine still has still GREATLY reduces your chance of getting sick beyond your run of the mill 24 hour flu symptoms and the odds of going to hospital/ICU are still extremely small if you're under 70.  So in conclusion, yes the vaccine is still beneficial.

Huge difference between infection and illness.  Plus, the boosted 70 year old is less likely to suffer serious illness from Covid than a non vaccinated 20 year old.  So the most at risk group isn't the elderly; it's the stupid.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, DanielCloutier said:

It's kind of funny because that was actually the least controversial part of what I said. Natural immunity is better than vaccinated immunity. There's no debate around that.

which one are you? academic gene splicer I hope.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

No it's not.  Where are you getting this from?  Why don't you post the science behind such assertions?  And Joe, I get dewormed yearly but I'm not a horse, Rogan isn't a source.  Nor is your local feed store bulletin board.  Nor is the "I'm a urine drinking antivaxxer" website.  

yeah the re-hash of this stuff is tiresome. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

• 1 month later...

I'm thankful I was triple vaxed...contracted COVID at my school and the first night was BRUTAL. I can't imagine if I hadn't been vax'd...this is NOT just "the sniffles" for some of us. I'm still testing (slightly) positive 8 days after my initial positive test.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 3/12/2022 at 5:42 PM, DanielCloutier said:

Oh really? Could you provide your supporting evidence to the Dr.'s at John Hopkins?

Natural immunity is the antibody protection your body creates against a germ once you’ve been infected with it. Natural immunity varies according to the person and the germ. For example, people who have had the measles are not likely to get it again, but this is not the case for every disease. A mild case of an illness may not result in strong natural immunity. New studies show that natural immunity to the coronavirus weakens (wanes) over time, and does so faster than immunity provided by COVID-19 vaccination.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Oh really? Could you provide your supporting evidence to the Dr.'s at John Hopkins?

The antivaxxer playbook and how it’s so often expressed here (and elsewhere) only further proves just how ignorant that group of people are.  Ignorant, selfish, and easily duped.  

Drove my scooter onto a downtown bus recently.  First time since the pandemic began.  Almost everyone was masked, which was good to see.  But, of course, there were a couple who weren’t.  And one of them was clearly sick.  He was hacking and coughing all over.  I scootered off the bus the next stop.  

Just too many ignorant, selfish people out there, who have little to no respect for others.  

• Vintage 2

52 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

FauxSnooz recognizes by default that vaccination provides better protection than natural immunity.

• 1 year later...