The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 15, 12:30 p.m. l SNP | PLAYOFFS EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, DeNiro said:

Not high end ones.

Any one of these Dmen would be great:

Power

Clarke

Edvinsson

Hughes

Lambos

Possible we get one, seeing as there's also the forwards:  Beniers, Johnson, Eklund, Guenther, Lysell , Lucius and Svechkov tempting teams. Not to mention Wallstedt. I'm not worried, the Canucks will get a really good player.

Sure, Power, Clarke, Edvinsson and Hughes are at the top, but to get one of these guys they need to win the Lottery. Out of their hands.

• Cheers 1

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Power

Clarke

Edvinsson

Hughes

Lambos

Possible we get one, seeing as there's also the forwards:  Beniers, Johnson, Eklund, Guenther, Lysell , Lucius and Svechkov tempting teams. Not to mention Wallstedt. I'm not worried, the Canucks will get a really good player.

Sure, Power, Clarke, Edvinsson and Hughes are at the top, but to get one of these guys they need to win the Lottery. Out of their hands.

To get one of those guys they only need to stay at 5th or get a little lucky at 6th.

Anything past that and they’re gone.

3 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Ya if were going to replace anyone it definitely should be Buamer

Keep in mind, that Green's signed off on whatever nonsense his assistants push as 'systems'.

Green's as much a problem as the others.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, xereau said:

Keep in mind, that Green's signed off on whatever nonsense his assistants push as 'systems'.

Good point and if we replaced Green as well I wouldn't loose any sleep depending on who replaces him

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

14 minutes ago, Schmautzie said:

You’re right. Individually they are good defencemen but as a group they are not. Leads me to believe that it is the system they are being asked to play that is the problem.

Its so frustrating cause in the back of my mind im thinking “they are so much better than this” or should be.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, xereau said:

This year could also be Green evaluating if talent on our defense and PP was the issue as much as coaching. It’s not completely that black and white. 

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Power

Clarke

Edvinsson

Hughes

Lambos

Im not worried either any of those players will be a fine pick for us

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not cheering for losses but I’m okay with them.

Im not okay with Green trying desperately to win still so that he can help his chances of getting hired by another team.

But your ok with Green tanking so they get a better draft pick, thats so ridiculous. There is not a coach in the league who plays to loose whatever the reason

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Bertuzzipunch said:

Its so frustrating cause in the back of my mind im thinking “they are so much better than this” or should be.

None of our D really play D. They play 'collapse to the middle of the ice and block shots / passes'.

They concede the zone every single entry! There's zero focus on gaps. Just get to the middle!

They literally give the opposition the puck if they don't have a 'perfect' exit, as part of their 'strategy'.

Glass and out, even when trailing, playing Green's counterpunch system.

I'm just one fan, but this one fan's sick to death of this 'product'. Sick of it, enough that I'll likely walk away if this coaching staff comes back.

35 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

To get one of those guys they only need to stay at 5th or get a little lucky at 6th.

Anything past that and they’re gone.

I really don't see all those defenceman being taken within the top 10 so a couple of those guys should be available.  Regardless, we've seen through 7 seasons that Benning and co more often then not make the right pick in most rounds let alone the first.  We'll be getting a very good core addition this summer!  Question is... Will Benning be calling the shots at that point?

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I agree and have been stating as such.

Schmidt was dynamite with a stay-at-home physical defensive defenseman like McNabb because they both made up for each other's weaknesses.

Hughes is great with a smooth poise defensive defenseman like Tanev/Martinez because those types allow him to do his thing.

Myers is not bad but not really a fit with either guy and Edler has taken a significant step back this year.

Sounds like your saying we have good d man just not the right mix.........makes sense although I would say our defensive coaching lacks just about everthing

• Cheers 1