The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jim Benning to return for next season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

Ok then all the team were the samen8n the bubble. Your point?

My point is the below:

5 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Except this season is more in line with pretty much every other season we've had under Benning, save for the first year where most of the team wasn't even his.

The bubble was the outlier, not this season.

The evidence suggests that last year's run was the outlier, based on every other season (except the season in which 90% of the team was inherited) being exactly like this year's (a tire fire).

Edited by kanucks25
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

This notion that in order to be a true fan you must 100% support all players , coaches , staff and if not your not a fan .... is complete nonsense 

all but the absolute blind can deny that there is a serious problem with this team.

I don’t know if it’s a locker room issue ( player problem/s) , the coach , the gm or a combination but it’s clear something is broken.

As a real fan I simply want them to root out what that problem is and fix it.  I don’t want change for the sake of change, I want the owners to pick what they see is the cause and take action to fix that

My only concern would be if they do nothing. Doing nothing would set us back years.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Squamfan said:

they were last four years ago and now are a cup favorite its been 7 years for us he want 9 years to rebuild

We didn’t start the rebuild until the Sedins retired. We retooled then rebuilt. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Being disingenuous. In what season do we have two ultra squished schedule and a team that was taken out by a deadly virus. 

Both the bubble and this season are abnormal. Either take both out or keep both in. 

Shh...

Stop destroying his talking point.

:P

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

Beating the Cup champs and taking a loaded team like Vegas to 7 is quite the accomplishment. It shows that the Canucks are developing into a good team.

This year has been an off year, that's it.

See: low bar 

• RoughGame 3

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Wrong as usual. 

Except you have no argument to the contrary, as usual.

Keep throwing out the paper bag reactions though, it's pretty much equal to a valid argument around these parts it seems.

Edited by kanucks25

2 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Except you have no argument to the contrary, as usual.

Keep throwing out the paper bag reactions though, it's pretty much equal to a valid argument around these parts it seems.

Status quo bro

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Literally presented it and you dismissed it as it does not suit your myopic narrative. As usual. 

What did you present? All you said was that my point was "myopic", which doesn't really mean anything.

I'll refresh your memory:

image.png.f63f8ff9066b46bfbab8ba7ac97e22f0.png

Was this a losing / bottom feeder season? Yes.

What have the majority of seasons been like under Benning? losing / bottom feeder seasons.

Therefore, last season was an outlier. Look up the definition if you're confused.

Edited by kanucks25
  • RoughGame 2

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

No, retooling is a retool. No wonder all you do is post nobodies tweets. 

Forget it.

None of them are willing to admit the goalposts moved from retool (when the team was still going for it with the Sedins) to rebuild (when Sedins retired).

• Cheers 2