The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jim Benning to return for next season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Look at Colorado’s rebuild success and regression and tell me a rebuild is a straight line to success...

Yeah Colorado hasn't really accomplished anything either. Although they have a significantly better group of prospects than we do at this point.

11 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

If you want to throw the bubble out than you have to throw this season out as well. Can't have it both ways. Better to just treat everything as equal and take the median. 

Except this season is more in line with pretty much every other season we've had under Benning, save for the first year where most of the team wasn't even his.

The bubble was the outlier, not this season.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, awalk said:

Yeah Colorado hasn't really accomplished anything either. Although they have a significantly better group of prospects than we do at this point.

They’re 5 years further in their rebuild. They should... 

Just now, kanucks25 said:

Except this season is more in line with pretty much every other season we've had under Benning, save for the first year where most of the team wasn't even his.

Convenient for your myopic narrative. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, awalk said:

One game away from the conference final is not an accomplishment.

I mean I know the bar is low in Vancouver these days but yeah no.

Beating the Cup champs and taking a loaded team like Vegas to 7 is quite the accomplishment. It shows that the Canucks are developing into a good team.

This year has been an off year, that's it.

• RoughGame 1

Being disingenuous. In what season do we have two ultra squished schedule and a team that was taken out by a deadly virus. 

Both the bubble and this season are abnormal. Either take both out or keep both in. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Tuned in for the last game of the season despite the awkward start time but man, Holtby has been underwhelming to say the least.

Holtby used to be one of my favorite non-Canuck goalies and I was stoked that we signed him. Nobody can beat aging I guess but somehow it's like he dropped from a cliff rather than gradual decline.

I just hope Bo gets his 20th of the season.

Just now, 24K PureCool said:

Being disingenuous. In what season do we have two ultra squished schedule and a team that was taken out by a deadly virus. 

Both the bubble and this season are abnormal. Either take both out or keep both in. 

Every team was operating under the same conditions this year.

And our outbreak occurred after the season was already over e/ for all intents and purposes.

Edited by kanucks25

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

Explain how I'm wrong?

image.png.f63f8ff9066b46bfbab8ba7ac97e22f0.png

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

Simple. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Simple. 

it is.

Every team was operating under the same conditions this year.

And our outbreak occurred after the season was already over e/ for all intents and purposes.

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Look at Colorado’s rebuild success and regression and tell me a rebuild is a straight line to success...

they were last four years ago and now are a cup favorite its been 7 years for us he want 9 years to rebuild