The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jim Benning to return for next season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

24 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

And beating the defending cup champs and taking Vegas to seven did. 

One game away from the conference final, and JB  somehow failed building this team.

Edited by Sweathog
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

And beating the defending cup champs and taking Vegas to seven did. 

Had a thought about the Canucks bubble playoff experience. Is it possible that some teams weren't into it and didn't put in the effort that the Canucks did? Maybe other teams struggled with the isolation, missing their families playing in God awful Edmonton and Toronto for weeks. And then there were some teams like the Canucks who ran with the opportunity and they played some inspired hockey. But, remove that nice bubble run and the Canucks have been bad for a decade.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

One game away from the conference final, and JB  somehow failed building this team.

That's just it, rather than acknowledge any positive progression and they cling to It’S nOt An AcTuAl PlAyOfF rOuNd. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, tas said:

why quote literal nobodies on Twitter as if anything they say is even remotely relevant?

god, I miss the days when not everybody had a soapbox. social media is an atrocity. 

That’s what 8 years of losing does to a fan base 

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Had a thought about the Canucks bubble playoff experience. Is it possible that some teams weren't into it and didn't put in the effort that the Canucks did? Maybe other teams struggled with the isolation, missing their families playing in God awful Edmonton and Toronto for weeks. And then there were some teams like the Canucks who ran with the opportunity and they played some inspired hockey. But, remove that nice bubble run and the Canucks have been bad for a decade.

If you want to throw the bubble out than you have to throw this season out as well. Can't have it both ways. Better to just treat everything as equal and take the median. 

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I had a personal conversation with Duncan Keith (buddy of mine played hockey with him) and I asked him about the bubble. He mentioned that after a few days the guys were getting frustrated not having the freedom and not being able to see their families. Guys just wanted to be at home with their wives and kids. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

One game away from the conference final is not an accomplishment.

I mean I know the bar is low in Vancouver these days but yeah no.

Edited by awalk
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, awalk said:

One game away from the conference final is not an accomplishment.

I mean I know the bar is low in Vancouver these days but yeah no.

Context matters, for a team beginning to exit a rebuild it means a lot and shows progression. 

3 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

I had a personal conversation with Duncan Keith (buddy of mine played hockey with him) and I asked him about the bubble. He mentioned that after a few days the guys were getting frustrated not having the freedom and not being able to see their families. Guys just wanted to be at home with their wives and kids. 

I can't imagine being forced to stay in Edmonton for any length of time 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

That’s what 8 years of losing does to a fan base 

Then maybe people should educate themselves on life cycles of a team, rebuilding, finishing low / drafting high. It's really not hard to understand. I've followed this team since 88...imagine if i thought they should be good, top of the league & compete for cups every year...how stupid / ignorant would that be, yet here we are and media / fans are doing just that. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

8 years... Isn't it like 50 years... :towel:

if you blatantly ignore 2 presidents trophies and 3 finals runs. Let alone above 500 seasons. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Upvote 2