The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jim Benning to return for next season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

36 minutes ago, BPA said:

Well you're not wrong.

It was clear that a rebuild was needed and it would have been better for Canucks to trade the Sedins and stockpile draft picks.

So whomever was going to be GM was doomed to fail as (I think) FA is a meddling owner.  

But what's done is done.

Wishe you well and on to hopefully a better season next year.

By meddling owner, you mean guy who's shelled out hundreds of millions of dollars into this organization?  The guy who has every right  and should be expected to have a participatory hand in the running of the club?

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, tas said:

petey for eichel, you heard it here second (I also said it months ago)!

That would break my heart actually... I also think it would be a mistake both for cap reasons and for the team in the long run.

EP didn't have a great season which raises some questions about his offensive ceiling, but that ceiling is still an unknown whereas Eichel is pretty much at peak level already and has injury issues. sure Eichel is the better offensive player right now, but EP is already a more complete player and is years from reaching his peak. Plus you can get EP and a reliable 3C for the same price as Eichel alone probably. 

Wow...50+ pages of bloviating (my word of the month) just because the Canucks are not firing their awesome GM who is under contract for two more years. Already looking forward to next season. 
Firing JB now would be a worse mistake than the Neely trade. 

Edited by spur1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yah, 3 complete idiots agree. Wow, the stupidity of the tweet itself is absurd. Absolutely unreal stuff.

:picard:

Not only that they agree on something they made up themselves. Pathetic. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yah, 3 complete idiots agree. Wow, the stupidity of the tweet itself is absurd. Absolutely unreal stuff.

:picard:

There's been rumours by lots of people including Elliott about unhappy players all year. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, FaninMex said:

As other posters have noted. The wishy washy garbage has been the fans who hate the Canucks but claim to have been fans since the Millionaires. Yet all they do on here is post garbage and change the history of what was happening. The media also wants to sell clicks and they know Vancouver has a large number of these fans, publishes rubbish to fan these ones into a frenzy. Kinda like one of the posts Squam posted about a reg player so disgusted with the tire fire in Vancouver that he is not going to clean out his locker. - Real story is Pearson has a family emergency and he was granted leave to be with them. Or the Goalie controversy when there was none and the goalies got along great.

Low ball, slime media which fuels the comments like yours above.

You may be right. While I don't have any proof they were interviewing, do you have any proof they were not?

22 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Hopefully true.  While I don't agree with every move he's made, I can see what he's going for and am looking forward to the next wave of youth that he's drafted to support our core.  We haven't had such a solid group of young players since Burke and Nonis.

Yup,  this year should be a mulligan 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

There's been rumours by lots of people including Elliott about unhappy players all year. 

Yeah but who would be happy this year. No team dinners, cant hang out, gotta wear a stupid mask 24/7. Then most of the team gets covid lol. I suppose you can blame the team for all of that if u want lol

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not only that they agree on something they made up themselves. Pathetic. 

It's hilarious. They make 4 statements between the 2 of them and not a single one actually conveys a concrete idea. Just a bunch of absolutely baseless what ifs.  I'd imagine the conversation between these guys and a wet paper bag could last for hours.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

So players may be asking to be traded unhappy group LOL. Until they fire this whole management group nothing in the future points to success for the team . Shure the Cunucks are drafting well . 60 % hit rate in the first round 40 % in the second close to that but if they cant put a team on the ice that is happy with the organization they will never win . JB doesn't show leadership I dont think the players believe in what he is doing. 7 years try another 5 of losing 

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Yeah but who would be happy this year. No team dinners, cant hang out, gotta wear a stupid mask 24/7. Then most of the team gets covid lol. I suppose you can blame the team for all of that if u want lol

Yeah that's true. I think some of it boils down to ice time though. Imagine being a prospect and getting 1 game the entire year to play because you're on a taxi squad. How infuriating would that be? 

• Cheers 1