The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reflections from the newest developments

Rate this topic

Dazzle

1 minute ago, tas said:

I appreciate the mea culpa, since you don't see that very often around here, but rest assured I don't remember the posts in question, no offence was taken, and I'm perfectly comfortable having unpopular opinions around here -- I've been doing it for a long time!  :lol:

No worries. Lol! No it doesn't and we prob all have unpopular opinions at times. Lol! It's more these other people that are tipping the scale in the wrong direction. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, smithers joe said:

wally, i'm sure your one of the nicest people on the face of the earth and entitled to your opinion. what most of us are saying is, the owners decision is opposite your opinion. will you spend the rest of your posts telling us they made the wrong decision or will you join us in trying to find a way for management to move this team forward. it isn't about if your a benning fan or not, it's moving forward. constant negativety sucks all the enjoyment out of being a fan.

show us your thoughts on what jim can do with this team. your ideas will be appreciated. sour grapes, not so much. lets move on.

I actually think I am a pretty nice person. But saying "I am sure you are one of the nicest people on earth" BUT kind of feels more like you are suggesting it is not actually possible lol.

I actually regularly post ideas on what I think Benning can and should do going forward. How to manage the cap and use it more effectively to build out the team. How to regain some confidence from disgruntled fans so he can more effectively do his job. 

The trouble is, it doesnt really matter if I am criticizing past moves or giving an opinion on what future ones should be, the response is going to be exactly the same from all the same people. And thats fine.

Expressing opinions is kind of the point of cdc. You not liking how I express mine kind of doesnt matter. Just like me not liking how you express yours kind of doesnt matter either.

I dont need other cdc member approval or upvotes or whatever other meaningless gesture you might find important. I express my opinions. People express theirs back at me. Simple as that. Its really not a life altering tragedy. I enjoy the banter to be honest.

2 hours ago, tas said:

speaking personally, if I call you ignorant, it's not because I disagree with you, it's because you're ignorant.

the simple reality is that you're not behind the scenes, you're not making the phone calls, having the conversations with players and agents and owners and coaches, and thus you are 100% ignorant of the necessary facts and background that go into these decisions, yet you seen to think that you have enough information to draw conclusions and suggest alternatives. 

that is ignorance. 

You dont know what info I have or dont have though. You just assume you do.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I actually think I am a pretty nice person. But saying "I am sure you are one of the nicest people on earth" BUT kind of feels more like you are suggesting it is not actually possible lol.

I actually regularly post ideas on what I think Benning can and should do going forward. How to manage the cap and use it more effectively to build out the team. How to regain some confidence from disgruntled fans so he can more effectively do his job. 

The trouble is, it doesnt really matter if I am criticizing past moves or giving an opinion on what future ones should be, the response is going to be exactly the same from all the same people. And thats fine.

Expressing opinions is kind of the point of cdc. You not liking how I express mine kind of doesnt matter. Just like me not liking how you express yours kind of doesnt matter either.

I dont need other cdc member approval or upvotes or whatever other meaningless gesture you might find important. I express my opinions. People express theirs back at me. Simple as that. Its really not a life altering tragedy. I enjoy the banter to be honest.

i'm not saying that at all. we are all canuck fans and want what's best for the team. i'm saying constant negativity sucks the joy of being a fan out of me. i guess i can ignore it or leave the site. it is not your opinion that bothers me, in fact i agree with some of your opinions, it is repeating it over and over.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, smithers joe said:

i'm not saying that at all. we are all canuck fans and want what's best for the team. i'm saying constant negativity sucks the joy of being a fan out of me. i guess i can ignore it or leave the site. it is not your opinion that bothers me, in fact i agree with some of your opinions, it is repeating it over and over.

So its my job to ensure you enjoy cdc? But at the same time you can limit my enjoyment of it by telling me I can only post opinions that support your enjoyment or xcheerlead for Benning?

Something about that doesnt seem completely logical or fair.

Its easy to ignore people. Just put me on ignore. Problem solved and no one has to leave.

2 minutes ago, tas said:

come on, give me a break. you're a fan, not an insider. you have the exact same info as the rest of us. 

he probably believe's he's a insider,  thats perfectly fine. he may know someone in  hockey, and potentially can't speak about the information for one  reason or  another.

I got a lot of crazy stories not many would believe, My Bi-polar personality puts me in some crazy situations.

8 minutes ago, tas said:

come on, give me a break. you're a fan, not an insider. you have the exact same info as the rest of us. 

I actually work with pro sports franchises and leagues through my work. Well, I am semi retired now but have been doing it for 20 plus years. I still talk to a lot of people around the nhl all the time. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

he probably believe's he's a insider,  thats perfectly fine. he may know someone in  hockey, and potentially can't speak about the information for one  reason or  another.

I got a lot of crazy stories not many would believe, My Bi-polar personality puts me in some crazy situations.

I actually cant publicly talk about a lot of things due to confidentiality agreements through my work. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

So its my job to ensure you enjoy cdc? But at the same time you can limit my enjoyment of it by telling me I can only post opinions that support your enjoyment or xcheerlead for Benning?

Something about that doesnt seem completely logical or fair.

Its easy to ignore people. Just put me on ignore. Problem solved and no one has to leave.

Why is it so hard for you to understand it's not what you're doing, it's how you're doing it!! Myself and others are all telling you the same thing...how stubborn do you have to be to not listen and keeping doing it, then deny you're doing it. 

7 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I actually work with pro sports franchises and leagues through my work. Well, I am semi retired now but have been doing it for 20 plus years. I still talk to a lot of people around the nhl all the time. 

while that may or may not be true, it's still irrelevant and you're using it as a convenient smoke screen. you know nothing more about the internal decision making processes of the Canucks than any of the rest of us. 

show us your LinkedIn, by the way. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

hey @wallstreetamigo has  a point. this is starting to turn into a witch hunt. he  makes convincing arguments, and backs them up. he isn't the issue with CDC.

its the people that come onto the proposals/roster and GDT/PGT and just spread tired out insults and memes over and over, like they are  stuck on repeat.

He also  points out  that there is die-hard supporters  that are part of the problem, this is probably  true. It's just harder  for supporters to see that  because we think we are "true" fans.

if we spent more  time  ignoring each other  there would  be less fights, but  then we might have to do more  IRL things GROSS!

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, tas said:

while that may or may not be true, it's still irrelevant and you're using it as a convenient smoke screen. you know nothing more about the internal decision making processes of the Canucks than any of the rest of us. 

show us your LinkedIn, by the way. 

eww don't  ask him that, all he needs  is some crazed nerd to dox him.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Are you trying to elicit negative responses?  

Edited by Alflives