The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 IIHF World Hockey Championship

Rate this topic

Overall Power looks pretty good.

One play where he didn't give Stecher an option (as Stech went back for a puck) leading a turnover, and another play where he kind of went for a skate in Ozone & Finland ended up with a 2 on 1.

Otherwise his skating is NHL level, and he makes smart plays with the puck. 

I love how Stech looks like a veteran NHL'er out there.  No panic in his game (Tanev like).  Just good, simple plays to get the puck out of his end.  Using the boards, taking a good look and really doing a great job out there.

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

I love how Stech looks like a veteran NHL'er out there.  No panic in his game (Tanev like).  Just good, simple plays to get the puck out of his end.  Using the boards and really doing a good job out there.

You can tell he’s a leader on this team too.

I think Benning may have underestimated how important he was in the locker room. For all the talk about glue guys and foundational pieces, I think he overlooked Stecher value in that regard.

• Like 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

You can tell he’s a leader on this team too.

I think Benning may have underestimated how important he was in the locker room. For all the talk about glue guys and foundational pieces, I think he overlooked Stecher value in that regard.

Totally...directing play, showing total composure and being relied on in key situations.

• Cheers 2