The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 IIHF World Hockey Championship

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Unfortunately, or fortunately I guess... Team Canada got another gear to them after Mangiapane arrived.

I'm not Italian, so maybe someone who is could weigh in, but I swear his name should translate to "bread eater", or something like that....:unsure:

8 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm not Italian, so maybe someone who is could weigh in, but I swear his name should translate to "bread eater", or something like that....:unsure:

my wife is, and she laughs every time she hears that name.

• Haha 1

Beautiful play.

Side note, going to TSN's site, which I hardly ever do, let me see this:

image.png.c9f7a81b96ae9f70bf8a936a0c61b073.png

Just so nice to see those headlines together.  Reading the articles  made me feel good too, as I don't think TO gets it, and so will continue to struggle (post-season, at least).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kilgore said:

I'll never get tired of watching the Russian coach's expression right after we win these games.  He looks ready to kill someone.  $#@&ing Canada!  foiled again!!!

TBeVMzD.jpg

Maybe if this Russian coach plays Podkolzin, who is proven to do well in pressure games, they win?  

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, kilgore said:

There wasn't a lot of hope for this rag tag crew of canucks, but now that they've beaten Russia in the quarter final, I think they deserve their own thread.

And Stecher came through with a brilliant move in overtime to set up the winning shot in the game!

https://www.tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-see-stecher-uses-beautiful-move-to-setup-overtime-winner-for-canada~2214776

What a playmaker!  Gee, where can we get such a cheap but talented RH D in this flat cap era?  Oh wait.

Yeah what a brilliant move... nice to Stetch doing good...

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Pretty sick dangle by Stech...

....was that Mangiapane that he set up? Dude has been lighting it up at the Worlds. I can almost forgive him for being a Flame....

Yes, and Troy's dangle was set up by a fabulous drop pass by Mangiapane who then went to the net for the tap in

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Devron44 said:

I’d like to see the Canucks reacquire Stecher one day for some depth for a playoff push or something one day 

I could see them signing him again or trading for him in a couple years.

On another note did Green ever use him in OT? Seems like he had some untapped skill there.

Edited by DeNiro

37 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

On another note did Green ever use him in OT? Seems like he had some untapped skill there.

I’m not sure he ever did. Don’t remember those kind of moves. He did score some timely goals the rare times he scored though 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

It seems when you take away the goonery and not have tolerance for hooking, slashing and grabbing  and focus on the skill, players who may be smaller get a chance to showcase their actual skill set 

6 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

It seems when you take away the goonery and not have tolerance for hooking, slashing and grabbing  and focus on the skill, players who may be smaller get a chance to showcase their actual skill set 

yawn..

Stanley Cup finals is the best showcase of hockey there is 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1