The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nolan Patrick requests trade

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

OJ is a flop and I'm not sure I'd trade him for Patrick. I'd probably just keep OJ; at least you know what you're getting most likely. 

OJ will prove his critics wrong can't say the same about Patrick 

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

This might be more palatable - one for one.  JV might become the next LeClair for the flyers (but LeClair had Lindros & Renberg).  If there able to line him up with someone who drives the play then it might be a good fit for them and we get an often injured 3C ?

This truly made me laugh Virtanen the next Leclair will never happen.

Just now, Arrow 1983 said:

This truly made me laugh Virtanen the next Leclair will never happen.

Glad it made you laugh, just speculating (ofcoure) cause JV just reminds me of LeClair while he was with Montreal and when paired with Lindros or someone who can drive the play he didn't do too bad.  Just an opinion and a one for one might be palatable since JV is good as gone.

6 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

This might be more palatable - one for one.  JV might become the next LeClair for the flyers (but LeClair had Lindros & Renberg).  If there able to line him up with someone who drives the play then it might be a good fit for them and we get an often injured 3C ?

Really John F'ing LeClair really how does your brain put Virtanen and LeClair in the same sentence. LeClair is 10 times the man Virtanen will ever be.

LeClair posted multiple 50 and 40 goal seasons while being one of the most dominate players in the league physically. They were called legion of doom for a reason 

Edited by Arrow 1983

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Glad it made you laugh, just speculating (ofcoure) cause JV just reminds me of LeClair while he was with Montreal and when paired with Lindros or someone who can drive the play he didn't do too bad.  Just an opinion and a one for one might be palatable since JV is good as gone.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO Never not a comparison not even close 

4 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

That is so far of a reach as a a comparison I recommend you check your self into a psych hospital right now

• RoughGame 2

3 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

umm, nolan parick was a second overall pick in he 2017 draft

what more would you want?

That's his only accomplishment so far in the NHL.   Like saying let's sign Nail Yakupov, he was a first overall.

2 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Really John F'ing LeClair really how does your brain put Virtanen and LeClair in the same sentence. LeClair is 10 times the man Virtanen will ever be.

LeClair posted multiple 50 and 40 goal seasons while being one of the most dominate players in the league physically. They were called legion of doom for a reason 

If you read my post I indicated Lindros as someone who drove the play and it seems you missed my point that IMO JV will PROBABLY THRIVED if paired with someone who can drive the play - your tone is so condensing it so no surprise you missed my point.  I am not really comparing the players as much as the situation might be the same.

• Cheers 1

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

If you read my post I indicated Lindros as someone who drove the play and it seems you missed my point that IMO JV will PROBABLY THRIVED if paired with someone who can drive the play - your tone is so condensing it so no surprise you missed my point.  I am not really comparing the players as much as the situation might be the same.

LeClair was a beast on his own you are re-writing history

Virtanen will never be anything close to LeClair

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

You can come with me - Bud !

I will not let you warp the minds of the young children on this forum

I will not let you disrespect one of the most physical players of his time on this forum 

You sir have no clue what you are talking about.

• Sad 1

LeClair was a beast on his own you are re-writing history

Virtanen will never be anything close to LeClair

I am not - he was elite with Lindros & Renberg and decent without them - probably just looking at stat; I saw them play & dominate until the Stevens hit on Lindros.

4 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I will not let you warp the minds of the young children on this forum

I will not let you disrespect one of the most physical players of his time on this forum 

You sir have no clue what you are talking about.

Ok Mr Hockey and nice choice in words - says alot.  Whats wrong with just disagreeing without the condensednding tone/words.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

3 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I am not - he was elite with Lindros & Renberg and decent without them - probably just looking at stat; I saw them play & dominate until the Stevens hit on Lindros.

Lindros didn't even put up the same numbers as LeClair. LeClair made Lindros better.  LeClair would have never gotten hit by Stevens. LeClair would have Hit Stevens

45 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I think Patrick would be a good target for us, if Philly is going to trade him I can't imagine they'll get a big return given his injury history.

Best comparable I can come up with is Robby Fabbri, who was traded straight up for Jacob De la Rose. 

In terms of where they were picked it would be like the JVR for Schenn trade.

Both of those guys were underachieving for where they were picked not that unlike Patrick and Juolevi.

Lindros didn't even put up the same numbers as LeClair. LeClair made Lindros better.  LeClair would have never gotten hit by Stevens. LeClair would have Hit Stevens

NOW YOU ARE RE WRITING HISTORY  - Lindros is in the HOF and LeClaire is not; you PROBABLY didn't see them play with Renberg (The Legion of Doom).  Plus, look at LeClaires stat when he got to the Flyers and when Lindros started missing games.  Not surprising given your over reaction and you completely missed my point. 

Screenshot_20210607-220039_Chrome.jpg

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

WHLers have inflated numbers bad attitudes. Patrick wont ever be more than what he is now. OJ will become a solid Defensive defenseman with some offensive upside. Patrick will be out of the league by the time he is 26 years old playing in Europe.

Johnny Carson Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

• Haha 3