The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nolan Patrick requests trade

12 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Pass; would rather see the Canucks give OJ a legit chance before trading a still unknown player.  

…until OJ has no more value and we don’t re-sign him?

Patrick is the 2OA17. He’s been ragdolled by the Flyers. Rushed into the league.

He’s 22 years old.

• Upvote 1

I would happily swap Juolevi and a late pick (or Juolevi + Lind) for him if they're forced into selling below value

Re-sign Hawryluk and re-unite the 2015-2016 Brandon Wheat Kings

Patrick is still quite young and was rushed a bit. Alain Vigneault is terrible at developing young talent (we all witnessed this). He wouldn't be coming here with the pressure to perform like a #2 overall pick. Juolevi's been surpassed by Rathbone and is pretty expendable from a Canucks' standpoint.

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

17 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Patrick is the 2OA17. He’s been ragdolled by the Flyers. Rushed into the league.

He’s 22 years old.

It will be up to Green, if he gives OJ the chance to increase that value - hopefully OJ does an EP and earns his spot from training camp & doesn’t even give Green the chance to sit him.

13 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Pass; would rather see the Canucks give OJ a legit chance before trading a still unknown player.  

I dono if OJ has it man. There are things to like but he simply cannot defend the rush I don't know if the lower body injuries affected him but he turns like mecha godzilla from the 80's

• RoughGame 1

Just now, hammertime said:

I dono if OJ has it man. There are things to like but he simply cannot defend the rush I don't know if the lower body injuries affected him but he turns like mecha godzilla from the 80's

I get it, but in the right system and paired with the right partner he can still be very effective; hopefully the rumour of new (veteran) assistants will be able to help him improve this flaw but he does have the IQ to play in the league.  I did noticed this flaw but he did a lot of things well as well - overall if given a legit chance like Chatfield, good chance he sticks.

6 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

It will be up to Green, if he gives OJ the chance to increase that value - hopefully OJ does an EP and earns his spot from training camp & doesn’t even give Green the chance to sit him.

Juolevi won’t make it under Green.

He’s the new Ballard.

• RoughGame 2

33 minutes ago, Me_ said:

He’s 22 years old.

Imo, the only thing Patrick has going for him is his draft pedigree and to a certain degree, the same can be said for OJ but OJ is still an unknown commodity with the potential to be a top 4 D.  Would rather see if he can develope before trading him cause trading or signing for a top 4 D can be very expensive.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

All NHL D get beat wide, especially when the attack comes off a neutral zone, or high offence zone, turnover.  It’s why the bigger guys, like Chara, pretty much retreat to their dot, and only engage if the forward tries to go east west.  

OJ will be fine.  I expect him to be a 18 to 22 minute D man for us next season.  

Yeah, he has the size and IQ to play but Green is the speed bump - imo.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Imo, the only thing Patrick has going for him is his draft pedigree and to a certain degree, the same can be said for OJ but OJ is still an unknown commodity with the potential to be a top 4 D.  Would rather see if he can develope before trading him cause trading or signing those type of players can be very expensive.  

PHI

Virtanen

Rathbone

9OA21

VAN

Patrick

13OA21

Edited by Me_
  • RoughGame 4

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are you a Canuck’s fan?  Why would we offer the Bone in such a trade?  

For the 22yr old 2OA17 & the 13OA21.

If Rathbone is the highlight of our defense, the Canucks are in much bigger trouble than we thought.

Edited by Me_
  • RoughGame 1

3 hours ago, Me_ said:

For the 22yr old 2OA17 & the 13OA21.

If Rathbone is the highlight of our defense, the Canucks are in much bigger trouble than we thought.

Umm, Rathbone has shown great potential. I don't know what the hell your problem is with him. Your proposal is garbage for someone who doesn't actually have as much value as you think.

Edited by Nucksownyou
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Provost said:

Whoops I actually didn’t pay attention.  I wouldn’t do the puck swap either… I was reading the OJ for Patrick swap straight up.

any more and its too risky. I wouldn't move Rathbone thats for sure. 

I guess if Jake isn't charged, if they went for that sure why not. Can't see it tho.