The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nolan Patrick requests trade

20 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

We are disagreeing

Because, you are making comparisons that are no where similar and trying to re-write history  

You missed my point cause it seems you never saw LeClaire play..  Plus look at his production with Montreal and compare it to JV; also it seems Montreal sold low on him.

Good chance, it will be crickets after some facts; must be a member of the 'True Fans' fan club.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

57 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

LOL 

I would rather pick a BCHLer than a WHLer in the 1sr round

Never mind give up on OJ who played OHL and a 9th round pick

WHLer are a waste of time especially for a 1st round pick

what?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

https://info.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/flyers-nolan-patrick-has-reportedly-requested-a-trade?fbclid=IwAR1NA8nqiqnLNUT-20-oTb42gY5MJeOc63WUjv6AFm34WBH91i7osExDKfE

Patrick has requested a trade, could we swing an OJ for Patrick deal?

Could fill our #3c needs, and OJ was not trusted much by Green and maybe he could do well under AV?

Two things here:

1) I don't know what quailifies the idea that Green didn't 'trust' OJ - but that's simply not what his deployment said = he had 44.1% ozone starts (not even close to being 'sheltered' - Edler and Schmidt were the only two regulars that were lower than Juolevi - and OJ was being worked into secondary penalty killing role as the season progressed.  His minutes were nothing resembling 'easy' - they did not avoid 'exposing' him / he was not sheltered, in fact the opposite was generally the truth of it.

Juolevi's ice time towards the end of the season was extremely limited due to being severly ill, losing a lot of weight - and strength = it had nothing to do with "not being trusted".

2)   If Patrick has a problem playing under AV - I'd be concerned whether he'd like playing for Green.  First - AV developed at the NHL level a whole lot of good two way forwards - and doesn't make exceptions for 'stars' like Patrick - or Konecny - if they don't attend to details without the puck.  AV was never a coach to elevate young players prematurely....ot enable them to be vacant without the puck.   He's not likely to be any 'easier' on Juolevi than Green - but again, I think you misread that relationship and how Green utilized OJ.

I think Patrick's absolutely horrible numbers this year are probably an outlier.  He's showed some consistent strong signs as a young player imo - upticking as a faceoff guy who was over 50% as a 19yr old NHLer and has continued to improve ever since.

However - he missed an entire season - and then had a horrible season this year....It's hard to imagine that he's near 100% - there has to be really underlying concerns with his health.

Not a chance I'd swap Juolevi one for one for him at this point.  I think there are a lot of people sleeping on Juolevi - who might be surprised a year or two from now...

I might take a chance on Patrick - but at nowhere near that cost.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I will not let you warp the minds of the young children on this forum

I will not let you disrespect one of the most physical players of his time on this forum 

You sir have no clue what you are talking about.

says the genius that just made multiples of the most ludicrous /'disrespectful' claims anyone on these boards have ever heard regarding the entire WHLol.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Patrick requires an expansion draft slot correct?

Doubt they wanna use one on him now. No reason why he couldnt be acquired for fairly cheap.

This factor lowers his trade value even more. 

No way I trade Juolevi for him. The Flyers dont really need more LHD anyway.

If the Canucks could get Patrick super cheap though then it might be worth a flier on him.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Chuck Fletcher trying to build up his value but you can’t hide that after being out of the game  for 18-20 months he finished with 9 points and -30 in 52 games. His value is at an all-time low right now and I wouldn’t even trade Juolevi straight across for him. As a risky project it would have to be less than Juolevi for me to be interested.

"I think on a positive front, Nolan was able to physically get through this season. After missing the 18, 19, 20 months, whatever it was of not playing, I think it’s a positive that he was able to complete the season," general manager Chuck Fletcher said last month. "He took some big hits. He played. From that standpoint, that’s something he can build off of. He wasn’t fully cleared to play until just prior to camp. He’s one of those players that I’m not sure had a normal offseason. 

• Like 1

Patrick's health better be on the up and up. Cause right now those health concerns have greatly stunted his development. Similarly to Juolevi. I like this kid. He has potential. BUT, we are set down the middle and I doubt he'd want to sit on the 3rd line forever. So I doubt he's on our radar.

1 hour ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

It’s weird talk in here maybe people think WHL stands for something else?!

i think its only Arrow who has a problem with the WHL,  i dunno why sounds personal though lol

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I dunno seems like most canuck fans have already moved on from virt

His fate was sealed once charges got dropped on his doorstep, guilty or not im afraid. I really wanted the kid to get his sheet together, but he will be lucky to play in the nhl again let alone in Vancouver. 

@Arrow 1983 you sound like a scorned puck bunny after that very irate drunken rant. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Understandable but...

Canucks gave up on McCann, Hodgson, Grabner among others I am sure quite early on their careers. It is a risk for sure, especially us swapping 1sts as part of the deal, I would NOT want us to do that but it might be something JB does to secure the deal if he truly believes in Patrick as a hockey player going forward

the canucks didnt give up on hodgson  lol  crybady cody  and his dad booked that ticket out of town

• Cheers 1