The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nolan Patrick requests trade

48 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Virtanen for Patrick. Thats all id do. Patrick sounds like he’s borderline bust at this point. 

This, trade an outright problem for a project who might help in the future if he has a clean bill of health.

3 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

OJ & #9 overall for Patrick & #13 overall?

I would do that for sure.  Both guys have had injury problems and haven’t done that much in the league… Patrick has done more but also has mor red flags.

This is the sort of deal where you buy really low instead of buying at a player’s high point.

Edit… I clearly wasn’t paying enough attention.  I would do the player swap straight up, not swap picks as well.

Edited by Provost
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 2

1 minute ago, Provost said:

I would do that for sure.  Both guys have had injury problems and haven’t done that much in the league… Patrick has done more but also has mor red flags.

This is the sort of deal where you buy really low instead of buying at a player’s high point.

thats why I think OJ is enough. If Philly can turn Patrick into a top 4 d thats a win for them. I wouldn't do the pick swap tho with the drop off after 10 this year.

If his migraine issues are over, could be a big steal. 

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

https://info.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/flyers-nolan-patrick-has-reportedly-requested-a-trade?fbclid=IwAR1NA8nqiqnLNUT-20-oTb42gY5MJeOc63WUjv6AFm34WBH91i7osExDKfE

Patrick has requested a trade, could we swing an OJ for Patrick deal?

Could fill our #3c needs, and OJ was not trusted much by Green and maybe he could do well under AV?

yes oj for him and nothing else

• RoughGame 2

At most I would do is OJ for Patrick swap.

Both young players drafted high that have had injury troubles which have set them back. OJ isn't as experienced at the NHL level but Patrick just had a horrendous year. 

Flyers don't really need LD as much as they do RD so IDK if they would do this.

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I would do OJ for Patrick, just for the upside potential and the brief but impressive emergence of Rathbone for the left side. If it worked reasonably well, it solves some big issues. 

not another furland pickup.....