The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Ben Bishop waives NMC for expansion draft

7 minutes ago, NHL'er said:

I'd take Big Ben over Big Braden 

Bishop has had significant injuries of late has he not? He wasn't the G that took the Stars to the Cup finals. Holtby, has won a Cup and only has 1 year of term. I would think Seattle takes Allen from MTL then a pair of younger G's to fill out their roster. 1 G from Columbus and then another G from some other team, unless Seattle gets paid to take a G.

I don't want us to give up picks to get Seattle to take Holtby, I am fine with keeping him and flipping him at the TDL with retention. I would much rather give up something to move LE and his 6m cap hit if we were gonna entice a team to take on a contract

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Why would Seattle take a UFA?

Seattle can talk to all unprotected RFAs and UFAs during the expansion process.  If they agree on a contract he will be their pick for that team.  Last time Vegas took UFA Engelland from Calgary and signed him to a contract.

There are some interesting UFAs like Landeskog, Hamilton, Hyman that could be left exposed.

• Cheers 1

I don't think Seattle claims him.

He was injured for most of last season, has two years left, bigger cap hit than Holtby.

Still think the Kraken will take Holtby over Bishop. Holtby is a better piece for the Kraken and can actually be flipped midseason if need be. Also Holtby has crudentials (Vezina, Stanley Cup win), that Bishop doesn't have.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Why would Seattle take a UFA?

Well a little off topic but it depends on the players. Reports are saying Ovi is going to be unprotected.

If I were Seattle I would take Ovi even if there's just a 1% chance he will sign with Seattle. At least it give Seattle a window to try and convince him to join the Kraken 

4 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Well a little off topic but it depends on the players. Reports are saying Ovi is going to be unprotected.

If I were Seattle I would take Ovi even if there's just a 1% chance he will sign with Seattle. At least it give Seattle a window to try and convince him to join the Kraken 

If I was Seattle I’d do it for the marketing. Think of all the #8 Ovechkin Kraken jerseys that would sell!