The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL Entry Draft

1 minute ago, VanCan2023 said:

Wow I feel sorry for Shorty calling those games, that is a mouthful for names. Also interesting when Bo is 27 and the old man Miller is 29 and everyone is worried about his age. Ya I know its about his term, but JT isn't that old. BTW our young future goalie will be 27 this year. Our window is opening, but in a blink of your eye it can close even faster.

Yes Demko is not much younger than BO, only 7 months.  But people seem to forget that.  Demko will be almost 30 in 3 years time, so our window is really opening up in the next year or two, not 4-5 years like some people think.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hoglander is not a top 6 player.  He will be traded for help on defence.  Kuzmenko I think will stick in the top 6.  If Lekkerimaki is legit then they probably trade Boeser before he becomes a UFA.  We have Klimovich in the pipeline who is almost 6'3" 200+ pounds, so I can see him in the top 6.  Karlsson is not a 2C, he's a 3C at best and could play on the wing.  Also, BO is only 27.  He will be around several more years, so we really don't need to leave him out at this point.  

Podkolzin      Pettersson   Lekkerimaki

Kuzmenko    Horvat          Klimovich

I could see that lineup in 3 years when BO is 30.  And we still have Boeser and Hoglander as trade bait for a 3C and help on defence.

This top 6 is getting you a wildcard spot at best.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

FXHQb2EUEAA_tiB.jpg.7e87212cf62aca2d7318830cac15a9e9.jpg

today:
Andrew Gross (@AGrossNewsday)
#Isles Lou Lamoriello on whether there were trade discussions with Vancouver. "Ask Vancouver."

That's a true story. Goes back to old school GM'ing and respect or something. However Rutherford has that exact same rule. Who's to blame? Somehow it's Bennings fault.

• Haha 1

Does it really matter who they draft or trade for? the team is still owned by the Aqulinis. You guys will drool who ever they draft and he will instantly become a future Canuck superstar in your little minds, leading to bubble year after bubble year after bubble year. is it a  real entertainment to watching this team get pushed around year after year and watching you guys lose your minds?

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes Demko is not much younger than BO, only 7 months.  But people seem to forget that.  Demko will be almost 30 in 3 years time, so our window is really opening up in the next year or two, not 4-5 years like some people think.

Well we need to get a couple steps better before the window can be opened. That's the challenge and JR said he hopes for 2 years but insinuated it could be longer. The good thing is good goalies can play longer and Demko is young in terms of his career. It's probably closer to 4 than 2 to be honest. I'll go with 3 lol.

Actually it all depends on what we do with Miller/Bo. A couple players that can make an impact and a couple of ufa's can change everything. To me it looks like we're playing the slow game though and I'm totally OK with that.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Because it doesnt have Miller in it or the equivalent. I am not sure why people are in such a hurry to trade him. its going to leave a huge void in the lineup. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

FXHQb2EUEAA_tiB.jpg.7e87212cf62aca2d7318830cac15a9e9.jpg

today:
Andrew Gross (@AGrossNewsday)
#Isles Lou Lamoriello on whether there were trade discussions with Vancouver. "Ask Vancouver."

That's how it read to me as well! 

Very interesting!

9 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

Does it really matter who they draft or trade for? the team is still owned by the Aqulinis. You guys will drool who ever they draft and he will instantly become a future Canuck superstar in your little minds, leading to bubble year after bubble year after bubble year. is it a  real entertainment to watching this team get pushed around year after year and watching you guys lose your minds?

Why are you even on this board? You are clearly trolling. Not sure why you're even allowed on this board. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

I guess I just expected more change. Just seems like nothing done today moves the needle.

Oh well time will tell. Hopefully he'll be good.

We could have traded Petey or Hughes and had some cool change and high picks but is that good for the Canucks? If no one offered a good deal for Miller it's probably best to wait until FA so another team can sign him to an extension. At least we didn't make a bad move to suit impatient Canuck fans. To be honest we didn't have the assets to do much. We didn't trade away the pick for crap. We got a very high prospect in the system. Yah!

I'll take it. Back to the Miller trade thread. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

I guess I just expected more change. Just seems like nothing done today moves the needle.

Oh well time will tell. Hopefully he'll be good.

We could have traded Petey or Hughes and had some cool change and high picks but is that good for the Canucks? If no one offered a good deal for Miller it's probably best to wait until FA so another team can sign him to an extension. At least we didn't make a bad move to suit impatient Canuck fans. To be honest we didn't have the assets to do much. We didn't trade away the pick for crap. We got a very high prospect in the system. Yah!

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Oh yea I get it.

22 minutes ago, J-23 said:

3 of those players have not even played a single game yet in the NHL and one has only played one season and you can say as a matter of fact it is only a wild card lineup at best?  Can you also predict the 649 numbers for me on the weekend?

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

3 of those players have not even played a single game yet in the NHL and one has only played one season and you can say as a matter of fact it is only a wild card lineup at best?  Can you also predict the 649 numbers for me on the weekend?

Pettersson’s back will literally break the same way Bane broke Batman’s back from carrying that top 6.

2 hours ago, VanCan2023 said:

It is funny indeed, however we picked a forward as well. Pretty sure there is something in the works for both teams. Nor am I draft expert either.

We are not a top scoring team though lol

Edited by Mustard Tiger
Woah silly la' cure

25 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

Is it?

I need to know if it is really a real.

• Haha 3