The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nick Ritchie (BOS) not qualified

RWJC

6 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

He's too good for Abbotsford and won't spend a minute there. He will have a Hoglander type rookie year imo. 

It won’t be possible as he will not be deployed with Bo Horvat all year getting second line minutes. He even saw some time on the PP where Podkolzin will not. 

1 minute ago, KyGuy123 said:

It won’t be possible as he will not be deployed with Bo Horvat all year getting second line minutes. He even saw some time on the PP where Podkolzin will not. 

Feels like you are being too literal. I'm talking about his impact on the ice. Not whether or not he gets time on Horvat's line. Just watch and see. Abby fans might want him there, but that ain't happening. 

3 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

No injuries in the top 6 eh. No line shuffling...... Not even once? No moving up in the line up half way through the year after after playing solid? Ok then. 

Just now, HomeBrew said:

Feels like you are being too literal. I'm talking about his impact on the ice. Not whether or not he gets time on Horvat's line. Just watch and see. Abby fans might want him there, but that ain't happening. 

Impact is generally associated with ice time. I bet PK Subban would look great as a third pair Dman as well with PP time.

Just now, TmanVan said:

No injuries in the top 6 eh. No line shuffling...... Not even once? No moving up in the line up half way through the year after after playing solid? Ok then. 

Then call him up after he’s been getting top minutes in the AHL. Before the trade I was all over Pod making the team due to cap reasons. Now I think he is best suited playing in all situations being the go to guy. Marinating a prospect has never been viewed as a bad thing. Especially one coming from another country where his coach would give him 4 mins a night sometimes. 

28 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

Isn’t he only 19 years old? Why would we not use him as a call up if he sets that league on fire instead? He can be the top guy on the team learning systems and English while getting all the ice time in the world.

Or, because he has NHL level physicality and skill already. He can learn systems and English with the team directly. Cut out the middle man. It shows him we believe in him too. Guy looks 30 man, those Russians hit puberty hella quick.

Edit: Getting a tad off topic. Sorry fellers. Ritchie would be a dope add. Lol.

Edited by N7Nucks

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

I'd pass on him.

15 g - the tempting part, to go with 102 hits.

But otherwise

62.2% ozone starts / 54.1% corsi

2.0 on ice goals for 5on5 - not good, considering his minutes (2.3 against).

2:44/game powerplay ice time.

Played primarily with Krejci (44 pts in 51 games).

I'm not particularly interested in giving him those kind of minutes/conditions in order to extract 26 pts and some unimpressive 'possession' and goal metrics out of him....ie don't expect production resembling that on our fourth line....

I was actually referring to Pius Suter who was also not qualified. I just mentioned it in this thread as opposed to creating another one. So I know less about Suter then Ritchie.

I was curious on both players so this reply is great! 

I’ve never been particularly impressed with Ritchie any time I’ve watched him but yeah his stats look good. Seems like maybe he just took Debrusks spot in the line-up? Debrusk point total drops and Ritchies goes up? Maybe neither are particularly good players. Now Ritchie is too expensive to keep around.

Interesting 

27 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

Then call him up after he’s been getting top minutes in the AHL. Before the trade I was all over Pod making the team due to cap reasons. Now I think he is best suited playing in all situations being the go to guy. Marinating a prospect has never been viewed as a bad thing. Especially one coming from another country where his coach would give him 4 mins a night sometimes. 

He already was "the guy". Playing him 4/5 minutes a night didn't even matter. By the time the playoffs rolled around in the khl last year he was a beast and probably the teams most important player, despite the coach trying to limit him. (Was on pace to have the most khl playoff points in history by any player under the age of 21 if I remember correctly)

I would normally agree with you as far as sending prospect's to the ahl and not rushing them, but this is going into his draft year +3 now. Playing on the third line is the perfect mix of low pressure, with just enough ice time to prove yourself and earn more. 

6 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I was actually referring to Pius Suter who was also not qualified. I just mentioned it in this thread as opposed to creating another one. So I know less about Suter then Ritchie.

I was curious on both players so this reply is great! 

I’ve never been particularly impressed with Ritchie any time I’ve watched him but yeah his stats look good. Seems like maybe he just took Debrusks spot in the line-up? Debrusk point total drops and Ritchies goes up? Maybe neither are particularly good players. Now Ritchie is too expensive to keep around.

Interesting 

What I wonder about is if Ritchie is a product of being a Bruin. The Boston aura took to him and transformed him. 

Look what it did to Hall.

I can’t say I’m confident Ritchie will be the same player elsewhere for the money, unless it’s a similar environment and team work ethic/understanding as in BOS. I like what he showed but I’m hesitant for him to come here, tbh. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

What I wonder about is if Ritchie is a product of being a Bruin. The Boston aura took to him and transformed him. 

Look what it did to Hall.

I can’t say I’m confident Ritchie will be the same player elsewhere for the money, unless it’s a similar environment and team work ethic/understanding as in BOS. I like what he showed but I’m hesitant for him to come here, tbh. 

I was going to suggest something similar to @oldnews as well.

Kinda reminds me of Spooner how he racked up points in Boston. Further back now but Loui Eriksson?. Bartkowski?

We should maybe just  stay away from Boston players lol

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I was going to suggest something similar to @oldnews as well.

Kinda reminds me of Spooner how he racked up points in Boston. Further back now but Loui Eriksson?. Bartkowski?

We should maybe just  stay away from Boston players lol

Playing with Pasta, Krejci, Bergeron, and Marchand even I could probably get 40 points a year lol.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TmanVan said:

Playing with Pasta, Krejci, Bergeron, and Marchand even I could probably get 40 points a year lol.

Get an agent and request a PTO.

I’ll help find you sponsors and work your social media campaign so you at least get a feel-good story minor league contract out of it…but I want 20% of your earnings 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Get an agent and request a PTO.

I’ll help find you sponsors and work your social media campaign so you at least get a feel-good story minor league contract out of it…but I want 20% of your earnings 

Ok ok ... Maybe more like 15 points :bigblush:

• Wat 1

3 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Always funny when people are like “they passed on so and so” in the draft.

We truly don’t ever know for a few years after the fact hah

Nooo so much happens and it’s just such a hard league to make.

sherbak and ritchie are two of my biggest Ls though I’ve taken on being super high on prospects in their draft year to not getting there

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Nooo so much happens and it’s just such a hard league to make.

sherbak and ritchie are two of my biggest Ls though I’ve taken on being super high on prospects in their draft year to not getting there

I’ve only been Fantasy Leaguing for a couple years. Couple more and I’ll know how you feel haha 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, KyGuy123 said:

Pat Maroon and his 3 cups in a row say Hi. Big guys that can play who drop the gloves and hit like a dump truck are worthy roster spots. If you can get him you welcome him with open arms.

The Sedin's can help him with his work outs.