Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

On 8/2/2022 at 5:50 PM, wallstreetamigo said:

A secondary takeaway might be that Jordie Benn is, in fact, Johnny Canuck

On 8/2/2022 at 5:56 PM, Vinny in Vancouver said:

I personally thought it was Jonah Gadjovich...:P

On 8/2/2022 at 8:44 PM, Got the Babych said:

Jeebuz, you are totally right!

image.thumb.png.dd35ebc4ec9612620dd2b0fb66fb08d7.pngEveryone knows Conor Garland is Johnny Canuck

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Poolman is one of the players Im most interested in seeing next year.  I thought he got off to a decent start last year, then kinda struggled a bit (as did the entire team under TG) then was injured.  

Ya honestly most have just written him off all summer (including myself) so I’ll keep an open mind. And hope for the best

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Any news if he's healthy? Last I heard he's in the top 4 if healthy. Really not assuming he's even gonna play. Sounds long term. 

Reports are that he is progressing in his training/feeling better.

IMO no one is saying he is %100 yet as he (a) hasnt been medically cleared yet to play and (b) needs to play games to see for himself jow he feels/any symptoms occur.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

IMO no one is saying he is %100 yet as he (a) hasnt been medically cleared yet to play and (b) needs to play games to see for himself jow he feels/any symptoms occur.

What is the issue though? I've heard nothing of whats up! Just that he's close lately ..

48 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Poolman suffered his first injury in October, followed it up with a suspension in November, and then got COVID-19 in December. That was followed by a bout with a mysterious, migraine-related issue that kept him out of the lineup from late January until early April.May 27, 20

COVID symptoms?? Just Google searched it. 

Migraines... Hmm 

Just now, Rick_theRyper said:

What is the issue though? I've heard nothing of whats up! Just that he's close lately ..

He was experiencing migraine headaches on and off last season.  So far this summer the reports are from his agent that he is feeling better/training.  Once he arrives to camp he will hopefully be medically cleared to play w/ team, then see once he starts practicing/getting into games hopefully no bad symptoms.

5 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Poolman suffered his first injury in October, followed it up with a suspension in November, and then got COVID-19 in December. That was followed by a bout with a mysterious, migraine-related issue that kept him out of the lineup from late January until early April.May 27, 20

COVID symptoms?? Just Google searched it. 

Migraines... Hmm 

The migraines were presumably from the injury he suffered.  If they are related to covid in anyway-that’s news to me.

"With the alpha, delta and omicron variants, headache has been a common symptom of SARS-CoV2 (COVID-19). However, a headache that doesn’t go away after having COVID-19 could be a sign that you’re fighting post-COVID headache.

Although it seems like the pandemic has been with us forever, in medical terms, it is too soon to make any predictions about the characteristics and treatment of the headache that COVID-19 causes with much certainty. Headache is a common feature during acute illness, and it is not surprising since headache often accompanies many viral illnesses.

Post-COVID headache is a persistent headache that develops after having COVID-19. Symptoms can last for weeks or even months after testing negative for the virus. Though anyone can develop post-COVID headache, people with migraine are more likely to see an increase in the frequency and intensity of their migraine attacks."