The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Prediction) Halak doesn't make it ten games

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

Halak's bonus doesn't kick in till he plays in 10 games I believe this will never happen. With Demko as starter I believe the Canucks can stretch out 9 games for Halak into December or even up to Christmas by then Deipitro will have played a bunch of games in the AHL and prove he is better than Halak. JB at that point will waive Halak and save the team 1.25 mill in cap next season. JB I think this is the smartest contract signed in a long time. It is just like a contract for a rookie who has to be sent to the minors because he doesn't qualify for the farm team.

• Haha 2
  • Wat 8
  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 4

Just now, King Heffy said:

Or we could just stay under the cap and avoid having to roll over our bonuses.  Let DiPietro develop properly.

I think MD is already better than Halak 

The Bonuses will role over because the Canucks are using LTIR

• RoughGame 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

You're seriously sandbagging Halak.  He's an excellent backup.  We won't know about the LTIR until the RFA contracts are done.

The Canucks will be in LTIR

If not by some miracle they would have extra capspace for the trade deadline 

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

As ruthless as this sort of move would be, I can't see DiPietro playing in NHL next season.  Guy is going to play a ton of games in the AHL, develop and if they get into the playoffs continue to be a leader on that team.  

But yeah, JB doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that F Halak over like that

What if Halak proforms like Holtby are you going to stick with Halak JB won't he gave himself an out

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • RoughGame 2

Just now, Qwags said:

I'd much rather have Halak get more games than just throwing DiPietro to the wolves. Makes things easier on Demko, plus DiPietro actually gets experience.

What if Halak performs like Holtby 

JB learned his lesson 

• RoughGame 1

15 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Halak's bonus doesn't kick in till he plays in 10 games I believe this will never happen. With Demko as starter I believe the Canucks can stretch out 9 games for Halak into December or even up to Christmas by then Deipitro will have played a bunch of games in the AHL and prove he is better than Halak. JB at that point will waive Halak and save the team 1.25 mill in cap next season. JB I think this is the smartest contract signed in a long time. It is just like a contract for a rookie who has to be sent to the minors because he doesn't qualify for the farm team.

This will not happen…Demko gets injured for a playoff run and we’re gonna roll with Dipeitro??? Chill man

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, YEGCanuck said:

Halak has lasted as long as he has in this league because he is a competitive pro-goalie. Also we need to consider possible injuries that might limit Demko's starts.

Demko goes down this team is done

This isn't for just the Canucks but 90% of the teams I hate that responds any team lose their starter it is an up hill climb 

• RoughGame 1