The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-22 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

8 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

VC any word whether Canucks are continuing their ECHl affiliation with Kalamazoo, or are they choosing to use various ECHL teams to supplement their depth?

I know that the Kalamazoo Wings extended their affiliation with the Blue Jackets for next season, but haven't heard anything related to the Canucks.

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2022 at 9:53 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I know that the Kalamazoo Wings extended their affiliation with the Blue Jackets for next season, but haven't heard anything related to the Canucks.

I heard the Toronto Maple Leafs might make for a good ECHL affiliate.:ph34r:

• Haha 1

Interesting ... we play the Kraken farm team just 4 times, twice in late October in Seattle (arena in Palm Springs won't be ready until mid December),  and then first weekend in November in Abbotsford.  So I guess I won't be going to many games this winter.   Can't help but feel that the CV Firebirds lost an opportunity to fill their rink with we Canadians in February or March.  I was so looking forward to making Abby night in Rancho Mirage like the Blue Jays visiting the Mariners.  Maybe they'll get that with Alberta snowbirds.

On 7/22/2022 at 2:00 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This is simply great.  Love how the Vancouver Canucks are using Abby as a landing spot for WHL overagers...Nychuk, Wouters, Schiememen, Nielsen, Kannok-Leipert.  Love Nychuk's production this past season with the Wheaties.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 3:52 PM, Muttley said:

On Jeremy Colliton; New head coach for the Abbotsford Canucks;

Very young for such a position even though he coached Blackhawks for four. That being said, he's been through enough. 

At no point do I see him taking the reins of the Vancouver Canucks. Not at all.....

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=62534

I see this in a different light maybe. I look at his record in the AHL and although short it was solid. He definitely took the reigns too early for an NHL job, but that wasn’t really his doing. The Hawks wanted a lame duck coach to ride out a few dumpy seasons and he actually faired quite well in those 3 seasons. Finished over 500 except for last season, and was close again (24 wins, 25 losses). And Chicago was an absolute dumpster fire last season. We may have a good young up and coming coach in our ranks. Time will tell of course lol.

• Upvote 1