The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2021-22

canuck2xtreme

23 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I believe Lambert is gonna be the one that slipped through others fingers.

I was so close to taking him however my penchant for offensive d- men, Rasmus Andersson, Anthony de Angelo, in previous drafts, had me pulling the trigger on Calle.

I had Lambert higher in my mind, was thrilled to snag him! 

honestly, it all happened so fast, and there was so much to do, I didn’t have time to overthink anything… which for me is a plus I think :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

To you and everyone one else I have had a bit of a mental breakdown in the last month or so.

The months leading into this have been the hardest of my life, even harder than four years in the court system fighting for my son and clearing my name.

I deleted the discord app.

I am very ashamed to say I have some really bad thoughts.

But things are getting better.

My son is starting to be happier than he was some months ago. 

When you are down there is only one way and that is up and I feel like I have turned a corner.

Wish you my/our comraderie and best before, now and always. 

Stay golden pony boy. 

• Huggy Bear 2

4 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Happy with our haul today, as always, there were picked we wish we got instead, but that's always the fun part of the draft!

33 - Lane Hutson

47 - Tristan Luneau

87 - Jordan Gustafson

90 - Rory Kerins

97 - Gannon Laroque

103 - Jack Thompson

104 - Paul Ludwinski

107 - Luca Munzenberger

108 - Arseni Sergeev

113 - Topi Ronni

118 - Jakub Demek

119 - Tanner Dickinson

123 - Jakub Brabenec

124 - Logan Morrison

Swung for the fences a few times and skipping on who I had as BPA, hopefully I connect on a least a couple of those!

Jesus christ that's a lot of picks :lol:

New Jersey Devils (2000 - Pres)DRAFT REVIEW!

The New Jersey Devils spent Saturday discussing a few possible trade options leading up to the draft, however things stalled and will be revisited in the off season.

One trade was finalized with @arby18_ and the Kings which the Devils moved a 4th round pick in next year's draft to add a pick this draft to secure one of the clubs targets.

At 116th overall the Devils selected center Jordan Frasca ( the player whom despite the amateur hour scouting reports knocking his skating was really the straw that stirred the drink for Mr Shane Wright just so we are all clear )

Frasca has shown consistent improvement in junior and this year he really broke out in a big way. We felt if Scott Young ( formerly of Pittsburgh now of Vancouver ) saw enough in Jordan's potential even suggesting a very teachable motivated youngster with high upside, then we could confidently make the trade we did to secure bringing Jordan to New Jersey.

Thrilled with our selection.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

The New Jersey Devils spent Saturday discussing a few possible trade options leading up to the draft, however things stalled and will be revisited in the off season.

One trade was finalized with @arby18_ and the Kings which the Devils moved a 4th round pick in next year's draft to add a pick this draft to secure one of the clubs targets.

At 116th overall the Devils selected center Jordan Frasca ( the player whom despite the amateur hour scouting reports knocking his skating was really the straw that stirred the drink for Mr Shane Wright just so we are all clear )

Frasca has shown consistent improvement in junior and this year he really broke out in a big way. We felt if Scott Young ( formerly of Pittsburgh now of Vancouver ) saw enough in Jordan's potential even suggesting a very teachable motivated youngster with high upside, then we could confidently make the trade we did to secure bringing Jordan to New Jersey.

Love a pick with a great story. Was fun to see your name pop up in the trades!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ilunga said:

To you and everyone one else I have had a bit of a mental breakdown in the last month or so.

The months leading into this have been the hardest of my life, even harder than four years in the court system fighting for my son and clearing my name.

I deleted the discord app.

I am very ashamed to say I have some really sad thoughts.

But things are getting better.

My son is starting to be happier than he was some months ago. 

When you are down there is only one way and that is up and I feel like I have turned a corner.

Was just so good to see you there pickin yesterday… about round 3, TM and we’re doing the math, realizing how early it was for you aussie boys, and the commitment that came with. 

So glad things are on the up, but remember we care just same on the down. When things get rough, please remember to lean into us, rather than away. We’re here as a social distraction, but you know I’m ready to throw down of some life issues if you need a chat, and I know I’m not alone.

Your open and have a big ass heart, and those are your best assets in hard times. We love it!

• Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Thanks my friend.

As I have stated before this league is like home.

Twice I have left because of events in my personal life and twice you have reached out and asked me to return.

This means the world to me.

My riches are the quality of the people in my life, my friends. 

This includes many of you guys in this league.

It is easier to be a kind hearted gentle person when you associate with people like this.

One day I will come back to Canada/ Vancouver and meet up with you guys.

I have already promised the minister we will hang out.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

54 minutes ago, greensman said:

Was just so good to see you there pickin yesterday… about round 3, TM and we’re doing the math, realizing how early it was for you aussie boys, and the commitment that came with. 

So glad things are on the up, but remember we care just same on the down. When things get rough, please remember to lean into us, rather than away. We’re here as a social distraction, but you know I’m ready to throw down of some life issues if you need a chat, and I know I’m not alone.

Your open and have a big ass heart, and those are your best assets in hard times. We love it!

My friends back here reminded me of this my friend.

I just got sick of only having bad news to tell them. 

What I have gone through lately I would want nobody to experience. 

Something broke inside me and it is just starting to mend.  

I had so much fun today.

I had already done a lot of research however at one stage I had over a dozen windows open on my phone, scouting reports on different players. 

One bit of advice I will pass on is treasure every moment that you have with your children.

Those moments are so precious.

Apart from the people we love, the most precious thing we have and can never be replaced once it's gone is time.

• Huggy Bear 4

9 minutes ago, ActionJax09 said:

Thanks to @greensman and @theminister for all the work done at the draft. My apologies to the guys I didn’t get back to yesterday. I was golfing at this awesome course called Sagebrush just outside of Merritt any my cell reception was in and out, hence why I missed my pick in the second round. Running around on a fairway with my cellphone raised in the air was probably pretty comical to see. 

1st round was a tough one for Pittsburgh. Probably should have traded out after the last defenceman was taken but went with a safe pick in Liam Ohgren.

In the 2nd round we had three picks starting with Josh Bloom, who spent some time on a PTO in the American League after his season was done. Always a good sign of things to come. 

Carter Mazur had a pretty solid freshman season at the U of Denver. 

Ethan Del Mastro looks to be a solid all around defenceman with good size

I had Carter Mazur right at the top of my "undrafted" list - I was selecting picking him with the pick right after yours ha ha. Made me panic and take Elliot Desnoyers with it instead, but it worked out as I still got Ryker Evans 10 picks later.  :) 

• Like 1