The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2021-22

canuck2xtreme

Congrats @lethunder on your victory!.. You had a hell of a season, and am glad to see former Leaf Adam Fox playing a big part in your cup run!

@Squeak even though you fell short you had a hell of a year yourself, and that still has to be the greatest retool season ever! :lol:

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1

Maple Leafs have made their pick, bringing the 2022 GML draft to a close in record slow time because of me :ph34r:

We only made 2 selections this year, but we also used 3 picks to acquire a top D prospect we have been eyeing for quite some time now in Jack Rathbone.

MAPLE LEAFS 2022 DRAFT CLASS

#34 - Matvei Petrov

#126 - Dmitri Buchelnikov

Thanks to all of you for a great season. I cannot wait to compete with you all next year!

Here are some highlight videos of our new additions:

Matvei Petrov

Dmitri Buchelnikov

Jack Rathbone

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Congratulations @lethunder Three time champion in this league, holy crap!!!!

You built a deadly team this year after a decade of waiting in the weeds and knocked out some powerhouse clubs to get to the top again. Awesome!

@Squeak I don't know what to say buddy, you continue to build strong contending teams and have been to the show multiple times now. A feat not to be taken lightly.

I look forward to seeing your Coyotes contend year in and out, great job this season!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Congratulations @lethunder!!!

When I first joined you were a powerhouse and a legend… and I will admit, while you rebuilt, I forgot what a force you are. Our sleeping dragon. 

Thank you for one of the most exciting championships I can remember!! 

@Squeak for a guy that kind of accidentally made the playoffs while doing some fine tuning, that was an impressive show! I look forward to seeing what you’ve got for us next year!!  

Edited by greensman
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, greensman said:

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

To VGK:

Sam Bennett

To COL:

Nicolas Hague

Jake Leschyshyn 

Brenden Lemieux

TRADE IS VOIDED AS IT VIOLATES THE FOLLOWING RULE:

"Any team that has traded a player at any point during the year (beginning July 1st) may not re-acquire (or discuss contract terms via negotiation permissions) said player for at least 365 calander days."

Nic Hague was traded from COL to VGK on Mar 28, 2022.

@aGENT @andysepp

Edited by theminister
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

SIGNING: The Toronto Maple Leafs have re-signed Quinn Hughes to a 4-year contract extension.   

small.png Quinn Hughes: Four-year contract worth $32 million dollars ($8m per season)

--------------------------------------------------------

image.png.daaf333f609c41cfb4bf7be3047cb96d.png

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

SIGNING: The Toronto Maple Leafs have re-signed Jack Hughes to a 4-year contract extension.   

small.png Jack Hughes: Four-year contract worth $32 million dollars ($8m per season)

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, lethunder said:

SIGNING: The Toronto Maple Leafs have re-signed Quinn Hughes to a 4-year contract extension.   

small.png Quinn Hughes: Four-year contract worth $32 million dollars ($8m per season)

6 hours ago, lethunder said:

SIGNING: The Toronto Maple Leafs have re-signed Jack Hughes to a 4-year contract extension.   

small.png Jack Hughes: Four-year contract worth $32 million dollars ($8m per season)

We are thrilled to lock 2/3 of the trio of brothers for the next 4 years. We were hoping for an 8 year deal, but after acquiring McDavid on a 5 year contract we feel teking the shorter term for a lower cap hit made the most sense. We have built a core to make this team seriously competetive for the next 4-5 seasons, and we are doing everything we can to add the right pieces around them this offseason. We really feel we have a chance for a deep run next season.

There will be no more mediocrity in Toronto. We will win a cup before these 4 year deals run out. Book it! :towel:

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1