The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offer Sheet] Hurricanes offer sheet Jesperi Kotkaniemi

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They were never a top team. They got hot and had players have career years.

To think that will continue is naive. They just don’t have the depth.

And the division their in will determine where they finish, you can’t separate the two.

Because of the division setup you can be a good team and miss the playoffs while a crappier team in a weaker division makes it in. That’s fact 

Edited by qwijibo

Just now, qwijibo said:

Because of the division setup you can be a good team and miss the playoffs while a crappier team makes it in. That’s fact 

A good team that doesn’t make the playoffs isn’t good enough. 

Why make a push when it’s guaranteed you’ll miss? Better to take the picks and keep building around Suzuki and Caufield.

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They were a bubble playoff team before losing Weber, Danault, and Kotkaniemi.

Now they’re back in a tougher division with weak center depth. They will struggle hard to score.

Anyone that thinks they’re making the playoffs is dreaming.

There's only three sure playoff teams in Boston, Tampa, and Florida.  If they get another top 6 center, they'll be in the mix for a wild card.

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

Roussel-Beagle-Loui are going to be the coyotes top line next year.

Beagle-E R I K S S O N -Roussel line or the BER line and just like the new Berlin Brandenburg Airport and just like the airport it's going to be a disastrous mess 

• Cheers 1

Just now, iinatcc said:

Beagle-E R I K S S O N -Roussel line or the BER line and just like the new Berlin Brandenburg Airport and just like the airport it's going to be a disastrous mess 

It'll be Hayton in the middle with Rooster and LE, forming the AHL line.

Antoine-Hayton-Loui

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Not with the AHL trash they call a defense and two backup goalies.

They’ll still outscore their problems.

Montreal will struggle to score.

It would be a miracle for them to beat out Florida, Toronto, NYR, and Philly.

3 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Dvorak is 25 and has never cracked 40 points or 20 goals.  Good player for sure - and at 4.45 mil per the next 4 he’s cost controlled - but I don’t think Bergevin went into this offseason thinking he’d trade KK for him.

He would have cracked 45 points in a 82 game schedule. I am not familiar with the Yotes depth chart but he seems like the same spot as Connor Garland and who knows he might be The Habs JT Miller

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Montreal is finished.  This was the icing on the cake.  Bergevin is done.  They will be in rebuilding mode for the next 5 years.

A few Habs fans from YouTube still think the Habs can still make the playoffs. So I guess this season is more of a wait and see for Bergevin 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Montreal added Caufield, Hoffman , Dvorak and a healthy Drouin to the lineup. I don’t think scoring will be nearly the issue you think it will be. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Just like they did in the playoffs?  They have 2 NHL quality defensemen in Muzzin and Brodie, along with one of the biggest defensive liabilities in the history of the sport in Rielly.  Their leaders at forward refuse to backcheck, and their coach doesn't hold his team accountable for playing like trash in their own zone. They're an absolute tire fire; Montreal is objectively a much better hockey team,

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

He would have cracked 45 points in a 82 game schedule. I am not familiar with the Yotes depth chart but he seems like the same spot as Connor Garland and who knows he might be The Habs JT Miller

What’s a 45 point C man?

Not enough for a competitive 2C and now you’re paying 4.5 mil for your 3C.  Not familiar enough with the guy to hear how he’d do in that role. 

He could very well break out with a change of scenery, for sure but if I’m a Habs fan I’d have to be thinking optimistically to be happy about it.

Edited by ilduce39