The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Has Green played Horvat and Garland together that i missed? Or is that just CDC 2 line HOPES. Cuz it doesn’t seem to be Coach Greens.

again did i miss Horvat and Garland playing together this preseason?

Apparently, Pearson-Horvat-Garland was a line at practice today. So no, not just CDC hopes.

He somehow broke up Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander and demoted Hoglander to the 4th line for some reason.

I don't know, it's weird. Green said that he's still not sure what the lines are going to be and he still doesn't seem like he knows.

I think Miller at C experiment is probably over though, judging from the fact that all of the lines struggled to score in the preseason. I mean, if you can't score during the preseason, you are not gonna score in the regular season when things get tighter.

Miller-EP-Boers (when he returns) will and should be the first line.

Garland is a 2RW so Pearson-Horvat-Garland makes sense, especially considering Pearson-Horvat chemistry.

Green is playing Podkolzin on the third line with Petan and Dowling. It seems like Podkolzin has earned Green's trust?

I think Hog-Dickinson-Podz is worth a look but Green is not going there. That line could surprise a lot of people by pushing the pace against weaker competition while the first two lines draw up most of the tough matchups. Dickinson can anchor two youngsters.

Until Motte and Sutter return, 4th line should just be energy line equipped with decent PKers. But what do I know?

• Cheers 3

39 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

My guess is Green is just waiting until Lammikko gets here and the lineup will end up being:

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Garland

Chiasson Dickinson Hoglander

Highmore Lammikko Podkolzin

That's one heck of a line-up if BB is back in time to start the season or sometime on the road trip!! Nothing wrong having Podz on 4th line to get some NHL learning time as he's more of a power/energy winger than a sniper. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, khay said:

Apparently, Pearson-Horvat-Garland was a line at practice today. So no, not just CDC hopes.

He somehow broke up Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander and demoted Hoglander to the 4th line for some reason.

I don't know, it's weird. Green said that he's still not sure what the lines are going to be and he still doesn't seem like he knows.

I think Miller at C experiment is probably over though, judging from the fact that all of the lines struggled to score in the preseason. I mean, if you can't score during the preseason, you are not gonna score in the regular season when things get tighter.

Miller-EP-Boers (when he returns) will and should be the first line.

Garland is a 2RW so Pearson-Horvat-Garland makes sense, especially considering Pearson-Horvat chemistry.

Green is playing Podkolzin on the third line with Petan and Dowling. It seems like Podkolzin has earned Green's trust?

I think Hog-Dickinson-Podz is worth a look but Green is not going there. That line could surprise a lot of people by pushing the pace against weaker competition while the first two lines draw up most of the tough matchups. Dickinson can anchor two youngsters.

Until Motte and Sutter return, 4th line should just be energy line equipped with decent PKers. But what do I know?

Thx for the quick update. I missed all this stuff.

Crazy that Green has no idea lines yet….wtf...its just bad Coaching…imo. What was preseason for? If not to be ready for the season to start.

hope the players figure things out for regular season cuz it seems the coach hasn’t.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

That's one heck of a line-up if BB is back in time to start the season or sometime on the road trip!! Nothing wrong having Podz on 4th line to get some NHL learning time as he's more of a power/energy winger than a sniper. 

Based on Green putting him with Dowling and Petan in practice my guess is that’s where he starts.

Youre right nothing wrong with him starting on the fourth line. Might even be better for him. Not as much pressure to produce. Just play a high energy game, get pucks deep, and win puck battles. All things he excels at already.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Thx for the quick update. I missed all this stuff.

Crazy that Green has no idea lines yet….wtf...its just bad Coaching…imo. What was preseason for? If not to be ready for the season to start.

hope the players figure things out for regular season cuz it seems the coach hasn’t.

Apparently preseason was to play AHLers the whole time and still end up keeping the wrong ones

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

Please don't tell me that you're sitting around on a beautiful October afternoon waiting for a fat guy in a bad suit to post a hockey roster. 

Unfortunately, I live in Edmonton. So yes, while inside hiding from a hail storm, I was waiting for the hockey roster to be posted haha.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

My guess is Green is just waiting until Lammikko gets here and the lineup will end up being:

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Garland

Chiasson Dickinson Hoglander

Highmore Lammikko Podkolzin

This works for now

Just now, CanucksJay said:

It does but it might be wasting Podz's talent on 4th line. He had so many good feeds during preseason. 

Would love to see him continue to generate chances for his line. 

True true but it's a long season.  Injuries are inevitable and if he shows well I'm sure that Green won't mind moving him up the lineup.  

Green seems to love the way he plays and is trying to make sure that he puts him in a position to succeed. We'll see, I'm excited for this season to start already!