The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

25 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Fleury would be a decent option......Lind possibility

https://t.co/RqLgfiXntB

I might be alone on this but if both Geekie and Lind are on waivers, then I might prefer Geekie over Lind (between those options) though I wouldn't mind either.  Geekie has played C whereas Lind only started playing C last season.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I might be alone on this but if both Geekie and Lind are on waivers, then I might prefer Geekie over Lind (between those options) though I wouldn't mind either.  Geekie has played C whereas Lind only started playing C last season.

I would100% take Geekie so you got one 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

Hunt-Myers could be an interesting pairing. 

OEL-Poolman seems to be becoming a real thing. What a difference a year makes. 

Hunt was pretty responsible in Spokane, but I don't know.. he's more offensively oriented & Myers can be a bit of an adventure at times.

I kind of liked Juolevi with Myers. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Hunt was pretty responsible in Spokane, but I don't know.. he's more offensively oriented & Myers can be a bit of an adventure at times.

I kind of liked Juolevi with Myers. 

I think it depends on the player chemistry, it'll be interesting to see if he and Hunt have an easier time of it. I can see Hunt adapting to stay up in the show. 

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Does Klimovich contract slide if he plays in the Q?  If so, it might be better to play him in the Q, so that the team has 1 more year of control.  If not, the AHL for sure.

Yes, it does slide, but unless he suddenly starts showing a lot more mistakes than he has so far, it really doesn't matter if it slides. You want prospects to be challenged and improve. Right now, this kid is showing that he needs to be in a professional league and playing against men.

We have that option because we drafted him out of Europe.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Does Klimovich contract slide if he plays in the Q?  If so, it might be better to play him in the Q, so that the team has 1 more year of control.  If not, the AHL for sure.

It also slides if he plays in the AHL.

He was drafted out of Europe so he can play in the AHL but the slide rules apply as he is still a teenager.  He would only burn a year if he plays in 10 NHL games. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Please send Boroughs to the AHL. I did not like how many times he flopped on the ice last game. Then he flopped in the blue paint and the goalie could not get over to make the save. 

Good chance that’s where he goes. He has 5 career NHL games and he’s 26 years old…

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He was so good in his own zone that his responsibility impacted his offensive production.  If anything, he needs to be coached to be a little more offensive minded. 

Sounds similar to the 2008-2009 version of Kesler in that regard (but Podz with better playmaking ability).