The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Have you been vaccinated (Part Deux as of Sept 25, 2021)?

Gawdzukes

Have you been vaccinated?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, cdgraham said:

Hence the division. Bottom line is it doesn't matter what we think, if the plan is to keep restrictions in place forever until everyone is vaccinated then the restrictions will be in place forever. Even though that isn't necessary.

Most people who aren't getting vaccinated have no issue with vaccines or the concept of getting one they just don't trust the messaging or see what the actual plan is, which causes them to question things. That's not entirely unfair as what is historically true about the government and media? They don't have the best track record of being trustworthy. 

And please don't dismiss me as a conspiracy nut, I just know history. 

Here in Victoria- Australia we have had the harshest restrictions/lockdown on the planet.

I don't know exactly what your leaders have planned but here is Aus there is a "road map" to opening up our society both within it and to the outside world.

This is based on medical advice/science.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-19/victoria-roadmap-out-of-covid-lockdown-restrictions-explained/100474112

It is predicated on hitting vaccination targets/ percentages of people vaccinated.

We have just had a spike in cases in Melbourne due to anti-vaxxers protesting,spitting on police,health workers and other members of the community and people breaking the rules and gathering for AFL Grand Final parties.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-23/victorian-protests-condemned-after-mass-arrests/100484750

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/100504586 

And yes I will not only call them nutbags, however anyone who spits on anyone else especially with the idea of transmitting a virus, is a scumbag.

" I know history" to and governments cannot be trusted however after  pumping hundreds of billions into the economy and a year later with the economy on delicately balanced do you really believe they want to keep thousands of businesses-who are taxpayers- shut down ?

The amount of straw maning in this thread is way over the top.

"What if"

What if all the non vaccinated just die.--------------  A complete strawman the other way; NOBODY said every non vaxxed will die.

Just as nobody said we were going for 100% vac.

Arguing against stuff that has not even been proposed----- Silly in the extreme

Anonymous poster, with no stated medical degree, arguing against all the posted peer reviewed studies on vax effectiveness----- Silly in the extreme.

Arguing - "I've had covid therefore I'm protected" - even though studies prove the vaccine is more effective that so called natural immunity, and you didn't have to run a 2% chance of dying by getting the vaccine.

Silly.

• Like 1

What happens when the antibodies and immunity wears off?  Is the plan to just keep having everyone vaccinated every 6 months?  When does it end?  How are repeated vaccinations going to be good for our bodies and natural immune systems? 

If the government actually cared about their people they would be mandating things like vitamin c, d3, quercetin, glutathione, zinc, probiotics etc. 

15 hours ago, cdgraham said:

Hence the division. Bottom line is it doesn't matter what we think, if the plan is to keep restrictions in place forever until everyone is vaccinated then the restrictions will be in place forever. Even though that isn't necessary.

Most people who aren't getting vaccinated have no issue with vaccines or the concept of getting one they just don't trust the messaging or see what the actual plan is, which causes them to question things. That's not entirely unfair as what is historically true about the government and media? They don't have the best track record of being trustworthy. 

And please don't dismiss me as a conspiracy nut, I just know history. 

Agree. 

I held out getting vaxed until last week.  The majority in my circle arent vaxed and many of them are naturopaths, retired doctors, a lawyer, and various health professionals.  None have got sick and instead choose to build their immune system naturally. 

What troubles me is that we now have 85 percent fully vaccinated, yet we are still at peak levels of infected.  That is enough to tell me that this isnt working and that the government is going to keep demanding that we get a vaccine every 6 months.   

Im definitely not an anti vaxer.  If the novavax was available, I would probably have gone sooner, but if people believe we are going to win by repeatedly injecting ourselves with something which is completely unnatural to our immune system, you're just in denial. 

4 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Agree. 

I held out getting vaxed until last week.  The majority in my circle arent vaxed and many of them are naturopaths, retired doctors, a lawyer, and various health professionals.  None have got sick and instead choose to build their immune system naturally. 

What troubles me is that we now have 85 percent fully vaccinated, yet we are still at peak levels of infected.  That is enough to tell me that this isnt working and that the government is going to keep demanding that we get a vaccine every 6 months.   

Im definitely not an anti vaxer.  If the novavax was available, I would probably have gone sooner, but if people believe we are going to win by repeatedly injecting ourselves with something which is completely unnatural to our immune system, you're just in denial. 

-Why did you decide to finally get vaxxed?

-Isn't it a pandemic of the un-vaccinated, now?

-Do you think the gov has some other motive than health?

-I suppose a lot of treatments can be considered unnatural. What is specifically unnatural in the these vaccines vs any other?

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

-I suppose a lot of treatments can be considered unnatural. What is specifically unnatural in the these vaccines vs any other?

Chemotherapy is pretty unnatural but I don't see people protesting against its use.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Agree. 

You are smarter than your friends.  And you’re a better citizen.  

5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Chemotherapy is pretty unnatural but I don't see people protesting against its use.

Ya that's completely the same. People dying of cancer trying anything they can to live longer vs healthy people who don't want to be injected with who knows what. Lol

6 hours ago, Mossberg said:

Ya that's completely the same. People dying of cancer trying anything they can to live longer vs healthy people who don't want to be injected with who knows what. Lol

Your comment implying ‘we don’t know what is in the Covid vaccines’ comes from wilful ignorance.  

Non vaccinated are 8x more likely to get infected, 41x more likely to be hospitalized, and 57x more likely to die than the vaccinated.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Vintage 1

19 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

The necessity of having to travel was the biggest factor.   Disappointed i had to get it, but im hoping my system can fight off the ill effects of the vaccine.  

Im not into this new world order conspiracy sh1t.  I believe the government is as clueless about this virus as anyone and big pharma is using their fear and desperation as an opportunity to manipulate those in power.   The last thing companies like Moderna and Pfizer actually care about is your health.  They are making an absolute killing and its in their best interest to scare everyone into getting vaccinated as much as possible.  My concern is that this isnt going to end with just 2, 3, 4 or 5 shots.  

As mentioned, if governments actually cared, theyd be mandating what health science has proven for decades to actually work to build the immune system. 

20 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

The necessity of having to travel was the biggest factor.   Disappointed i had to get it, but im hoping my system can fight off the ill effects of the vaccine.  

Im not into this new world order conspiracy sh1t.  I believe the government is as clueless about this virus as anyone and big pharma is using their fear and desperation as an opportunity to manipulate those in power.   The last thing companies like Moderna and Pfizer actually care about is your health.  They are making an absolute killing and its in their best interest to scare everyone into getting vaccinated as much as possible.  My concern is that this isnt going to end with just 2, 3, 4 or 5 shots.  

As mentioned, if governments actually cared, theyd be mandating what health science has proven for decades to actually work to build the immune system. 

Fight off the vaccine?  What?  :lol:

2 confirmed deaths out of 400,000,000 doses of vaccine in the US.

1 out if every 500 persons in the US has died from Covid.

And you’re worried about the vaccine?  

That’s friggin’ crazy!  1 in 200 million chance of dying from the vaccine compared to 1/500 from Covid.  Just think about that.

Whether you wanted to or not, it’s only common sense to get vaccinated.  It’s better for you (obviously looking at the numbers) and it’s better for those around you.  Convince your friends to get vaccinated too, if they haven’t already.  Don’t be an ignorant American.  Be a well educated Canadian.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Any non vaccinated person, without a valid medical reason, is likely not much of a thinker.

Seriously @gurn.  What is wrong with some people?  Are they not looking at the science and data?  It’s just so obvious to get vaccinated. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

Your comment implying ‘we don’t know what is in the Covid vaccines’ comes from wilful ignorance.  

Non vaccinated are 8x more likely to get infected, 41x more likely to be hospitalized, and 57x more likely to die than the vaccinated.  

Thanks. I heard all the stats a million times now. I am double vaxxed as I have mentioned before. My point was comparing someone who was taking chemotherapy for cancer to a covid vaccine is completely ridiculous. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you

2 minutes ago, Mossberg said:

Thanks. I heard all the stats a million times now. I am double vaxxed as I have mentioned before. My point was comparing someone who was taking chemotherapy for cancer to a covid vaccine is completely ridiculous. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you

I agree.  These vaccines are incredibly safe.