The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Seattle Kraken at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 05, 2021 | 7:00 pm PT | Sportsnet One

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Rathbone's so incredibly overhyped. Holy cow. You're saying Juolevi's overhyped? LOL.

Rathbone needs some time in the AHL, period. If you can't see past his own weaknesses in this defensive game, then you're biased. Juolevi is more reliable than Rathbone.

Like I said, in the post you quoted, that we probly don't have room for 2 offence first defenceman. Especially since Hughes has some weaknesses in his defensive game to work on.

But Joulevi has been overhyped on this board for YEARS, and if you can't admit that, you're the biased one. Hes a bottom pair fill in on every team in the league at this point, including ours. At 23.

Terrible PK against an average seattle PP. If we are this bad at pk with Seattle scoring this much  I think they will get shredded against the Oilers. Canucks are reverting back to old ways of defending on PK which is passive, stand in a box and let them take free shots. When will Baumgartner get fired, I cant stand that PK strategy. Also we need Motte, Hamonic and Sutter as soon as possible.

• Vintage 1

We are currently outplaying the entire Kraken NHL roster with half an AHL lineup lol.  We’re only behind because Gru is a wall and we trying different PKers on weak calls.  If we were on an even playing field this would be a blowout for us tonight.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Schooled twice in a row by Seattle.

Hmm. Ya that's Canuck hockey. Let's give them the upper hand right off the bat so we can not have to live up to anything.

I don't want to see this kind of effort game 6 of the regular season when we play the Kraken at the end of our first road trip.

Green?

Green will have a short leesh this year.   He was very lucky to not be canned last year after yet abother disasterous year under his guidance.  The only reason he's back is because Uncle Jim manage to buy some time himself and he did the easy thing and kept green.  However if they go ino a slide early on, I can guarantee you Green will be sent packing - quickly beacuse most normal people are fed up of him and there will be no more excuses after so many years of failure.

• Upvote 1