The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Drance & Dhaliwal : is Vancouver shopping Juolevi?

20 minutes ago, combover said:

Hilarious Endless excuses for a gm that been a failure at every level. 

drafting was his so called  “strong suit” 

So how many of our own  round 3-6 picks  do we have in the nhl on our team in 7 seasons of being a crap team. not to mention the misses at top ten. How many picks have been thrown away for nothing returns prospects too. 
If he was the gm of the oilers or flames and did what he did here the same people pumping his excuses would be mocking him endlessly. 

whiffing on top ten picks now ok  and acceptable because other gms muss  to, you mean like Gillis.
Jb canucks version of Kevin Lowe he should have been fired years ago but s

for some reason he keeps his job. 

And how many of those gms that whiffed on top ten picks still had jobs 5 years later. 

Knowing Jb he’ll trade oj and a 5th for a 30 year old Ahler.

He’s used up all his mulligans he’s a failure. 

only thing he’s really  good at is making terrible excuses for why he keeps failing. 

God just reading that gave me a headache. 

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Not sure why no one trusts Juolevi, he is solid physically and better defensively than our other young guys.

If we lose Juolevi that's 2 wasted top-10 picks in the last few years. Good teams simply don't mess up like that. Virtanen and Juolevi both gone for nothing, who could have been Nylander and Tkachuk...

Hindsight is a wonderful thing eh?  Lol. 
Virtanen ending up a total loser isn’t the Canucks fault, neither are Joulevi’s injuries. 
Sometime $&!# happens.  

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Cheers 3

22 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

If we are really dumping OJ, pls sign Demers as placeholder for Hamonic!! I can't stand seeing Schenn and Hunt struggling... 

the guy used his no trade to veto a trade to van earlier in his career, I'm not convinced he'd sign there now. 

• Cheers 1

AZ for a 2nd round pick makes the most sense to me, looking at other teams needs. AZ has 5(!) 2nd round picks. What are the odds that all 5 will be better than OJ and have his reclamation potential? pretty low. Add to that, they have nothing on the left side after JC.

I would hate to see Jim fire sale OJ for anything less. If we can't recover a 2nd round pick we should just keep him and let him play, he's better defensively than Rathbone right now.

Edited by JM_
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, JM_ said:

AZ for a 2nd round pick makes the most sense to me, looking at other teams needs. AZ has 5(!) 2nd round picks. What are the odds that all 5 will be better than OJ and have his reclamation potential? pretty low. Add to that, they have nothing on the left side after JC.

I would hate to see Jim fire sale OJ for anything less. If we can't recover a 2nd round pick we should just keep him and let him play, he's better defensively than Rathbone right now.

Even that is a failure

If we got this years 5th o/a pick would anyone trade straight across for a 2nd round pick:rolleyes:,

He is better to keep than lose for nothing though  (something we cannot afford to keep doing)

Edited by ba;;isticsports

8 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Even that is a failure

If we got this years 5th o/a pick would anyone trade straight across for a 2nd round pick:rolleyes:,

He is better to keep than lose for nothing though  (something we cannot afford to keep doing)

I would if I knew the 1st rounder was in the 50% that don't make the NHL.

No one has crystal balls, OJ was ranked in the top 10 by many reputable scouts and teams. So far he's been injury prone, but if we're determined to give up on him at least recover a top 60 pick is all I'm saying.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I would if I knew the 1st rounder was in the 50% that don't make the NHL.

No one has crystal balls, OJ was ranked in the top 10 by many reputable scouts and teams. So far he's been injury prone, but if we're determined to give up on him at least recover a top 60 pick is all I'm saying.

I don't want to see him go for nothing

I remember at the pick a lot of "experts" saying Canucks made a mistake because OJ played on a powerhouse Finnish team at the time

It is who we have now, if he cannot be traded (let him know) maybe give him 10 games to sink or swim before exposing him and let Rathbone play every situation in Abby

22 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I don't want to see him go for nothing

I remember at the pick a lot of "experts" saying Canucks made a mistake because OJ played on a powerhouse Finnish team at the time

It is who we have now, if he cannot be traded (let him know) maybe give him 10 games to sink or swim before exposing him and let Rathbone play every situation in Abby

thats what I'd like to see. No risk at all in Jack playing 10 games in Abby.

Yeah lots of experts on draft day :lol: for me, I'm glad we didn't pick Tkatchup. He's a zero-character player who's not going to take Calgary anywhere. I did like Sergachev better tho.

9 minutes ago, JM_ said:

thats what I'd like to see. No risk at all in Jack playing 10 games in Abby.

Yeah lots of experts on draft day :lol: for me, I'm glad we didn't pick Tkatchup. He's a zero-character player who's not going to take Calgary anywhere. I did like Sergachev better tho.

I don't have much of an opinion on draft day as i don't see enough of everyone like scouts do, or even talking to the kids or seeing how they talk and behave around teammates etc

16 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Juolevi isn't a bust.

Also, it is clear as day that Juolevi is treated differently (worse) than Rathbone.

Rathbone can have all the giveaways, but he'll still be in the lineup. Green obviously is in love with him. It's irrational.

No, he is. A 5th overall should be nhl ready. Not needing 10 years for him to become something more than a 6th/7th D man.  He’s not even in the top 20 for D-men in his draft year. 

1 hour ago, tas said:

the guy used his no trade to veto a trade to van earlier in his career, I'm not convinced he'd sign there now. 

When a jobless dude had no options, he might re-consider unless he's ready to hang 'em up and see his wife and kids 24/7!

• Cheers 1