The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How do you feel about our Management group?

Rate this topic

J.I.A.H.N

7 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

I thought summer was over and we were done beating the dead horse.. guess not.. 

Well, I guess it is your choice whether to participate or not, but others seem to be interested. Even some mods, so, I think it has some merit.

Really, it is a summary about the past, including this past summer, which ends tonight, so I am not sure, how it could all have been discussed.

I do not think the dialogue has been particularly negative. Read what @Curmudgeon has come with and I think just for that alone, it is worth 

participating................each to their own.

Peace! Out!

Edited by J.I.A.H.N
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Nope

I have never been much of a Benning fan. After losing Toffoli and Tanev and having what was easily his worst off-season, this past off-season he recovered some faith from me. I still don’t think he is the GM we need but he did a lot of good things. He filled holes with the right kind of players and added quality top 6 and top 4 D depth. 

The D needed more work but the Hamonic thing seemed to blindside him. 

Green and Baumgartner and their antiquated style of play are huge problems. Benning should have cut both loose and hired a proven winner. I see absolutely no influence over anything from the addition of Shaw which is unfortunate. The team plays the same way they did last year in both ends and the coaches still value players who can play that style over better players who can actually help the team.

Great observation and many noticed & commented on that exact same thing during the pre season - that our PK, PP and peripheral style of outside circular play in the offensive zone looked like the same old ineffective strategies we've seen for years.    Hopefully Shaw can instill some new plays in these lost souls because if we play that same style again this year we'll end up with the same results as last year and yes it's so disheartening to see Green bring back "his boy" BumGardener as anyone following this team closely in this market will tell you his time is up!    Anyhow, lets see what happens this year....fingers still crossed & hopeful.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Great observation and many noticed & commented on that exact same thing during the pre season - that our PK, PP and peripheral style of outside circular play in the offensive zone looked like the same old ineffective strategies we've seen for years.    Hopefully Shaw can instill some new plays in these lost souls because if we play that same style again this year we'll end up with the same results as last year and yes it's so disheartening to see Green bring back "his boy" BumGardener as anyone following this team closely in this market will tell you his time is up!    Anyhow, lets see what happens this year....fingers still crossed & hopeful.

This roster is even more ill suited for the style both offensively and defensively than last years roster was.

I just hope the talent level increase we have seen comes along with more creativity and ability to read the play and adjust in game in spite of the coaching.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Cheers 2

I feel a disconnect between JB and Green. 

Somethings always off or someone's always a step behind on player's management or their assignments. 

Seems to be some favoritism, or ice time decided by personality not on game performance. Like when WD was here. 

14 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Well, I guess it is your choice whether to participate or not, but others seem to be interested. Even some mods, so, I think it has some merit.

Really, it is a summary about the past, including this past summer, which ends tonight, so I am not sure, how it could all have been discussed.

I do not think the dialogue has been particularly negative. Read what @Curmudgeon has come with and I think just for that alone, it is worth 

participating................each to their own.

Peace! Out!

It's been discussed over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over some more, started with the media and filtered to here..  honestly, why not give the team some playing time together, 10-20 games when it's a bit more relevant and do it again? I'm not against discussing it BUT since it's been done to death already, why not just see where the team is, not like the media who want clickbait, we can do better than that no? the media won't even wait for the season to start before saying we won't make the playoff's, how's that for clickbait? good grief but I guess it never ends does it? 

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Hey read your article by another Vancouver Schmuck Journalist.  If he or you did as much research as what @Curmudgeondid, you’d also realize that Benning was brought in to tear this team down and redirect it.

After taking over from Mike Gillis, who completely drained us after his Cup Runs, it’s easy to see that Benning was left with nothing but “rebuild”, remember that big word?

Even then , with some years that would normally have us draft picking in the top 3,  the Lottery slammed us a lot lower.

@Curmudgeon post is not bright lights and propaganda, it’s simple and deeper facts.

Good ones, which help describe how we got to this point, with comparisons.

..but your reference to a News Article by another rug biter journalist, who found the NHL’s “bling” page is like your post,..  lights out,

and there is nobody home.

I agree fully that @Curmudgeondid a fantastic job extracting those stats - and they are all factual.   With that in mind - it's important that we all bravely look at the NET RESULTS thru all the noise and flashing lights and that article simply points out that despite all those great draft picks that Jim has made over 7 years that The Results Are NOT There and among the worst ever recorder for a GM with his Tenure.   There is NO DENYING THOSE FACTS Too! 

So with that in mind, the question becomes; is it Bad luck, Bad GM'ing, Bad Coaching, Players not as advertised?    What is it that has caused this team to fail for so badly for so long and if the results keep repeating themselves, is it not time to change something, or are we all satisfied and willing to accept the same outcome for yet another year?  I for one (and like many others) say NO - we've given Jim and Green alot of time and if we go into a slump by mid year and/or don't see a beter finish this season - we unfortunately have to cut the ropes on both of them - which IMO, should have been done last year. Some might Argue even earlier.

Just now, iceman64 said:

Yeah true that... (shrugs)

Just curious, but did you read @Curmudgeon two, posts regarding trading and drafting on here. Very informative and I honestly have not seen that info out there before this thread...............It is why I post on here. You just never know what you are going to find.

It is definitely worth the read

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Yeah true that... (shrugs)

No matter what opinions you read on here - remember - WE ALL LOVE OUR TEAM and care!  We just have different perspectives on things - which IMO is healthy and fantastic because the world would be a pretty boring place if everything was vanilla!  So Cheers!

• Cheers 2

I agree fully that @Curmudgeondid a fantastic job extracting those stats - and they are all factual.   With that in mind - it's important that we all bravely look at the NET RESULTS thru all the noise and flashing lights and that article simply points out that despite all those great draft picks that Jim has made over 7 years that The Results Are NOT There and among the worst ever recorder for a GM with his Tenure.   There is NO DENYING THOSE FACTS Too! 

So with that in mind, the question becomes; is it Bad luck, Bad GM'ing, Bad Coaching, Players not as advertised?    What is it that has caused this team to fail for so badly for so long and if the results keep repeating themselves, is it not time to change something, or are we all satisfied and willing to accept the same outcome for yet another year?  I for one (and like many others) say NO - we've given Jim and Green alot of time and if we go into a slump by mid year and/or don't see a beter finish this season - we unfortunately have to cut the ropes on both of them - which IMO, should have been done last year. Some might Argue even earlier.

I think we are getting there, and it is getting closer to put up or shut up for Green and Benning, and "IF" they do perform, then they have to do it again the year after, etc...........

But I do think Aqualini is a good business man, so I am sure he has thought of this and has his own tolerances..........its his money after all.

Personally, I think we are 1 RHD short right now, but I am sure willing to let it unfold.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I think we are getting there, and it is getting closer to put up or shut up for Green and Benning, and "IF" they do perform, then they have to do it again the year after, etc...........

But I do think Aqualini is a good business man, so I am sure he has thought of this and has his own tolerances..........its his money after all.

Personally, I think we are 1 RHD short right now, but I am sure willing to let it unfold.

I hope you're right and I too feel that technically - we should have a better team on ice this year and am hoping and expecting better results.

• Cheers 1

No matter what opinions you read on here - remember - WE ALL LOVE OUR TEAM and care!  We just have different perspectives on things - which IMO is healthy and fantastic because the world would be a pretty boring place if everything was vanilla!  So Cheers!

it's actually has nothing to do with opinions, everyone has one, have no problem with that part at all..  what bores me is something that's been discussed x100 but now with the old guard gone completely it's time right NOW to see what JB has or hasn't done but before passing judgement either way can we not wait and see at least? 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

waiting to let it unfold.. exactly that!  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

it's actually has nothing to do with opinions, everyone has one, have no problem with that part at all..  what bores me is something that's been discussed x100 but now with the old guard gone completely it's time right NOW to see what JB has or hasn't done but before passing judgement either way can we not wait and see at least? 

I don't think I've run across any post on here yet that have passed judgement on this seasons outcome and we are all hopeful as we should be, with the departure of all of the deadwood and the injection of so many new players ( as you've mentioned) that we will have a much better season.  I for one am more positive on the team this year than last.

However, it is fair game to have reservations and pass judgement on the performance of JB & TG based on their perforamce to date, including what we've just witnessed in the pre & off season actions & events we've recently just lived thru which some will be happy with and some won't.  But, rest assured and I agree fully that we can't pass final judgement on the team's results until game 82 (or more) is played.  In the meantime. it's "fair game" to have opinions based on previous & current outcomes and events IMO!

46 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

It called a REBUILD..  very COVID affected.. 

a LOTTERY pushing against us.

Deep Breath Psa GIF by GIPHY Cares

• Cheers 1