The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Seattle Kraken | Oct. 23, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

He’s rivalling Horvat for the hardest worker out there

With all due respect to Bo, I actually think CG has no rivals in the Canucks in terms of effort. The guy sacrifices his health time and time again. He gets hit and falls down and immediately jumps up again. His motor is going 100 percent all the way until the game is over. Whatever he's eating, he should share with the rest of the team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

And LOL at the trade Rathbone nonsense. The Negativity Peddler’s need something to latch onto after a winning road trip I guess. Guys…your boy OJ’s gone and he ain’t coming back.

Yes. I like OJ. Still would have preferred him to stay over Hunt. What I don’t like is the narrative of the heat Bones gets because it was suppose to be OJ there in our minds. This isn’t on Rathbone. Really weird that people are on a kids case. Shouldn’t we be excited about Rathbone playing? 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Again...your take on what he's feeling.  Opinion, that's all we both have here.  Your observation doesn't give you insight into "why".

Have you ever struggled at something?  Sometimes it makes you unfocused, distracted...again, overthinking things.  He's human.

I have struggled at tons of things like every other person. And more important things than whether I can play hockey to earn my 8 mil a year. Unfortunately for me, I still had kids to feed and the only option I had was to work through it while still performing at my job to put food on the table.

I have zero sympathy for a hockey player making millions of dollars who can’t put in the effort to do his job. Sorry to say.

• Upvote 1

The thing that irks me about this Petey situation is his comments in the media. He said he wants to win... we'll he's a top player in the league, it's on him to help drive a team. 

It added pressure on him IMO that he really didn't need, coming off the injury is enough.

I'm sure he'll find his game over time, but hopefully it's soon.

33 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I'm really a non drinker and have had this booze in the house since ???    Last season ?  (Does booze go bad lol)

Felt like it was a good occasion tonight to pour myself a Caesar.

Cheers...here's to the home opener Tuesday.  I'll be there and am REALLY looking forward to it.

image.png 

I wouldve never guessed youre a non drinker based on your posts

• Haha 2

Well I'm glad we won, saw the new James Bond flick tonight instead but glad to see we pulled another off another win, one could almost feel like Bo was going to break out and show again why he has the C and glad he's on! 

As far as I'm taking it, this is sort of pre-season still and practice for the better teams coming our way soon but we're still a way of from anywhere near our potential but in time right? 

Edited by iceman64

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The thing that irks me about this Petey situation is his comments in the media. He said he wants to win... we'll he's a top player in the league, it's on him to help drive a team. 

It added pressure on him IMO that he really didn't need, coming off the injury is enough.

I'm sure he'll find his game over time, but hopefully it's soon.

He will find his game eventually. He did himself no favours with what he said though.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Garland.

image.gif.606356b06d1e6a16339d1500aad987cf.gif

And he’s OURS.

Detroit stole a game from us, so I’m fine stealing one tonight. Let’s put together a nice home stand now, get EP up and running, and things might just start to look, as Willy D would say, REAL GUD.

And LOL at the trade Rathbone nonsense. The Negativity Peddler’s need something to latch onto after a winning road trip I guess. Guys…your boy OJ’s gone and he ain’t coming back.

I'm a Rathbone fan but there's been an egregious turnover almost every game. If this was Juolevi (or Rathbone was a top pick) he would be crucified.

He's learning on the job as much as Podkolzin is IMO. It sucks Pod is easier to remove b/c he's made fewer glaring mistakes than Rathbone. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, JB & crew chose to run with this core and the addition of both have not hurt the team.  The Canucks are trying to compete now, whereas  the Yotes are doing a quick rebuild, hoping to compete with a new core in the near future. 

Ugh, I feel bad for Arizona fans.  

I think that they are about 2-3 years away from even having any exciting prospects that are ready to think about entering the NHL.  They might end up being a good team in about 5 years if they make the right draft choices and if the draft lottery gods smile down upon them.  I really hope that they land Shane Wright or Connor Bedard.