The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Hmmm? Desjardin's rep is being resurrected to help the orchestrated coup against Green. If we had just kept Willie we likely would have a couple of CUPs by now. 

Maybe JB can get Bill Peters back from the KHL? Clean up Mike Babcock and try him? Hell put Steamer in there. What's Keenan doing these days? Torts sounded pretty good the other night. Hire him away from ESPN. Maybe his house is still available in Bellvue. We need a touchy feely guy who can sync in with today's players. 

Green played for Al Arbor so he is really old....

• Haha 2

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

He needs a little more experience with lesser players. He looks good, just a bit out of his element.

I don't hate Rathbone at all. You're totally right that he is out of his element, but shows a lot of promise. I just don't want to see him being used in the big leagues where he's getting majorly exploited, but the coach is not punishing him for his lapses. Yet he is punishing those who aren't doing any worse than he is.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He took on our best fighter.

Plus he's still learning. 

It was a good match up.

We don't have a forward so willing to drop em.

Yup, Philly got an NHL player for free but Green is suffering from as you put it - plug love (jk?).

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Haha 1

Just now, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

The fact that we are losing all of our PK forwards does not bode well for us, especially for tomorrow...

Dickenson and Poolman were on the ice today. But yes Highmore was a loss yesterday. Don’t really care what people think of him. He helps the team 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Well to me it sounds like Green picked his team after camp and Benning would have to send OJ down. He would 100% be claimed so he traded him and got something. 

My question is, why didn't he make the team? 

A lot of us are asking that same question I think. He looked pretty good in the pre-season IMO. I think ur right about Green being the driver that caused the trade. I've been a supporter of the coach, but I now believe that if there isn't a BIG turn around in the next 10 games or so he has to go...and the PP coach with him

Just now, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

The fact that we are losing all of our PK forwards does not bode well for us, especially for tomorrow...

Relax - it still early and it can only get worse of better from here.  Personally, I will save my eyes next game and give Hirsch a try at SN650.  Enjoyed, Hirschs' analyst, opposed to Cheechs' commentary.

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Speaking of pitiful pp's

That bounce pass was a thing of beauty. Highlight reel for sure. 

Cutting edge coaching that we are soooo used to.  As a treat, I would sometimes watch a TB or Vegas game just to see how a well coached team looks like; and then reality hits on game day.   

The on ice product is stale and boring.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Once the puck starts going in for us I think things are going to change quite a bit. Boeser could have put away that game yesterday and people wouldn’t be crying as much. In all due time I believe we will start rolling 

• Like 1