The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Its interesting that what we thought was the clear strength (offense) has been letting us down, while the perceived weakness (defense) has been better than expected.

Last night they weren't that bad aside from the PP & the start. They actually carried play the last 2 periods but just couldn't buy one. It wasn't a dreadful game.

The optimistic angle is that they're still gelling (with all the additions), & once the offensive players get going we could get on a roll. But how long will that take? Can't afford to keep dropping games. 

Dickinson coming back will definitely help balance the lineup.

Good take. It is evident by their play that they are trying to do too much individually and not playing as a cohesive team. This was particularly highlight when they were making a push at the end of the last game - one guy trying to weave through the entire team. It ain't gonna work. Whether this is a rusty player issue or poor coaching, I don't know. But if Green doesn't fix it, then we need to fix Green. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

What team is he a good coach for? The 1984 Edmonton Oilers?! 

Haha jokes aside what is it you see in him that inclines you to believe he is a good coach?

Players like Shane O’Brien, Scottie Upshall and others who have had him as a coach and said as much.

1 hour ago, SergioMomesso said:

i was about to book my ticket to van for the Nov 19 and 21st games but might just save the 3k instead. I will not fork out a cent if that's the product that is out on the ice.

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

This isn't the complaint department. No one cares. 

I won't waste my money on going to Van with this on ice product either. Putrid. Hopefully green gets fired. The guy is a plug as a coach. Awful.

12 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'm not seeing what Travis is seeing with Garland.

Even if it was a bad game, he's one of the few who can create offense right now.

green is such an idiot. Of course he moves his best forward to bottom six yet petterson the 7 million dollar man continues to disapear.

• Wat 1

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Players like Shane O’Brien, Scottie Upshall and others who have had him as a coach and said as much.

Minor leagues though right?  Willie Desjardins was a very successful head coach in the AHL & Junior. Won both the ultimate trophy in those leagues as a head coach unlike Green.  But the NHL is different.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan