The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Travis Hamonic

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Rathbone isn't quite there yet and he'll get more mins and more meaningful mins in Abby.  Why is that bad?

The only thing that irks me about this is they just wasted OJ

Rathbone has been better than Hunt no? 

I think this makes sense if they feel Burroughs has been better than Rathbone and they want Rathbone to get some games in in Abbotsford rather than sitting as 7D over Hunt 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Rathbone isn't quite there yet and he'll get more mins and more meaningful mins in Abby.  Why is that bad?

The only thing that irks me about this is they just wasted OJ

I do not disagree with you Stawns

But I also think that Rathbone was always paired with a questionable partner, so IMO, he tried to do too much, and would get caught........I do think Rathbone will benefit from his time in Abbotsford, but he deserves to be up, especially looking at his replacement.

IMO, this is all about not loosing Hunt or Schenn to waivers

• Upvote 2

Just now, CanucksJay said:

Rathbone has been better than Hunt no? 

I think this makes sense if they feel Burroughs has been better than Rathbone and they want Rathbone to get some games in in Abbotsford rather than sitting as 7D over Hunt 

Hunt is a placeholder, Rathbone is part of their future.  He needs to play, play a lot and play in situations he won't get a sniff of in Van.

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, mll said:

Rathbone is waiver free unlike the other Ds.  They want to see where Hamonic is at.  If he's not quite ready, it's not really worth risking a D on waivers - there are a few teams looking for cheap Ds on the waiver wire.   If Hamonic is ready they can then always recall Rathbone and waive one of the extra Ds.

good point

1 minute ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

But I also think that Rathbone was always paired with a questionable partner, so IMO, he tried to do too much, and would get caught........I do think Rathbone will benefit from his time in Abbotsford, but he deserves to be up, especially looking at his replacement.

Conversely, in the case of an injury, what if they call up Rathbone and play him over Hunt or Schenn? 

I would be 100% ok with that move. 

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Rathbone is waiver free unlike the other Ds.  They want to see where Hamonic is at.  If he's not quite ready, it's not really worth risking a D on waivers - there are a few teams looking for cheap Ds on the waiver wire.   If Hamonic is ready they can then always recall Rathbone and waive one of the extra Ds.

Totally agree......I was typing this as you posted

3 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Losing Hunt to waivers would be a good thing.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Yeah because so many teams lining up to take Hunt.

1 game is Abby  lol way to let him get his conditioning and game shape up 

green wins the daily biggest idiot award again atleast he wins at something. 

Scream a desperate coach who’s totally out of ideas. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

Greens trying to win games. Rathbone has been making some brutal plays defensively. He needs time in Abby.

Yet he just had his best game against one of the best teams in the league. Only thing Green wants to do is give his veteran players undeserved ice time over kids who have. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1