The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 07, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

Are we not Team America? Demko, Hughes, JT, Brock, Garland, Poolman, Highmore, Myers - technically, but raised in Calgary. 

No kidding eh. 

But I don't care if the players are from America, or Afghanistan. If they can play, let them play. 

Demko, Hughes, JT, Brock, Garland are all very good players, even if they are from America. 

• Cheers 2

49 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I'm glad they "had a talk" (according to Petey).  Simplify.  Throw it around quick.  Move.  Be shooters.

Much different than stand in your spot and pass.  Looking much better tonight.  Woohoo.

The talk was probably the boys agreeing to do exactly the opposite of what King was instructing

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

The moment Pettersson switched with Miller in the circle and headed to the net, you could see that was enough to throw their pkers off.

So much focus is put on Petey by opposing teams he has the ability to draw guys out of position.

Little switch ups like that is enough to throw the other teams strategy completely out of whack.

Good PP teams are constantly switching up positions... this team has been stuck in a static format most of the season... hopefully this means Green and his Ass'ts have finally woken up.

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Well, it wasn't pretty but it was definitely a much needed point night for the big guns.

Hoglander, Garland and Demko are carrying this team right now. Demko provides so much stability and energy with his big saves and it seems like the only time anything is happening offensively for us 5-on-5 is if one of these two forwards are buzzing around.

Miller, Garland, Demko and Hughes are carrying this team.  OEL, Horvat and Höglander are providing good support.  Podzilla has been freed so watch out, he will become PodGOALzin...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Good game but that was a real loose one, our defence was dreadful giving up 2 on 1s and breakaways far too often, then only killing 1 of 3 PKs. Demko is getting hung out to dry, behind a decent defensive structure like Suter in Calgary he'd probably have 4 shutouts now too...

Great job by our stars to finally come through all together. The biggest change was simply well positioned shots with a screen, Petey's goal even had 2 screens. Let's not forget though, I think we got lucky tonight against a goalie not on his game. 

This seems like a good win but we were a mess defensively and on the PK. Regardless, it's a game our offence needed to boost some slumps.

Unfortunately this is the way the current roster will win until the bottom 6 is healthy again. Green has kept the offense in check for too long and it looks like tonight was the first game he really let them loose to play their game, not his. 

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

No kidding eh. 

But I don't care if the players are from America, or Afghanistan. If they can play, let them play. 

Demko, Hughes, JT, Brock, Garland are all very good players, even if they are from America. 

Oh 100 percent. Just win and win often. 

16 minutes ago, rekker said:

Are we not Team America? Demko, Hughes, JT, Brock, Garland, Poolman, Highmore, Myers - technically, but raised in Calgary. 

Tonight:

USA:  Demko, Hughes, Miller, Boeser, Garland, Poolman, Myers, Bailey - 8

Canada:  Horvat, Pearson, Dickinson, Dowling, Burroughs, Hamonic - 6

Sweden:  Pettersson, Höglander, OEL - 3

Russia:  Podkolzin - 1

Finland:  Lammikko - 1

Slovakia:  Halak - 1

I can't remember when we had more Americans than Canadians in the lineup.  Maybe never?

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The moment Pettersson switched with Miller in the circle and headed to the net, you could see that was enough to throw their pkers off.

So much focus is put on Petey by opposing teams he has the ability to draw guys out of position.

Little switch ups like that is enough to throw the other teams strategy completely out of whack.

Yes, or when Petey went to the blue line. Same thing, it threw the PK off. Hope they run with this.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Tonight:

USA:  Demko, Hughes, Miller, Boeser, Garland, Poolman, Myers, Bailey - 8

Canada:  Horvat, Pearson, Dickinson, Dowling, Burroughs, Hamonic - 6

Sweden:  Pettersson, Höglander, OEL - 3

Rusia:  Podkolzin - 1

Finland:  Lammikko - 1

Slovakia:  Halak - 1

I can't remember when we had more Americans than Canadians in the lineup.  Maybe never?

Exactly. And I'm ok with it. It's a talented group and they just need to find their identity. This may be the most USA deep team ever, I agree. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, rekker said:

Personally I think given Players being equal in skill level, you go Canadian... but rarely do you get the opportunity in the draft to choose between evenly matched picks.

Assuming the player has the skill and the track record, character is the key factor in my opinion... Boeser showed what kind of character he has... so did Hughes.  JT is big, strong, skates well and has soft hands... when you get an opportunity to acquire a player with those attributes, you take it.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Wrong... the team won, but the defensive structure was still cr*p all through the game... and the Canucks were lucky Demko bailed them out.

With a better coach the team would be much better.

Horvat - 1g, 2a

Hughes- 0g, 3a

Pettersson - 1g, 2a

Boeser - 1g, 1a

Miller - 2g, 0a

Podkolzin - 1g, 0a

OEL - 0G, 1A

Garland - 0g, 1a

Pearson - 0g, 1a

This team was much better because our best players were all contributing ... FINALLY. 

We're putting it together. 

• Cheers 2